Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th November 2020, 14:08   #1
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Default Rover P6 Estate

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-350...4AAOSw-ktfu9j8

Never seen one of these before.
Old 26th November 2020, 14:41   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Beautiful. Seen a few of these at various shows. Good price as well.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 15:57   #3
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

All info here.

https://www.aronline.co.uk/cars/rove...-p6-five-door/
Old 26th November 2020, 16:07   #4
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I've seen a few of these in my days of (many years ago) P6 Owners Club. The text is, however, slightly at odds.

It's not a manual, it's automatic. So far as I know the only manuals were factory derivatives and known as P6B and the steering wheel was a 'Sports' version. That makes me think it is a non-factory conversion.

A clue lies in the colour of the rear wings. The paint is different and appears much later, a nice job but it's being sold as an apparent original. In addition the under-bonnet pics show rather different tubings. Maybe it is original, I'm far from expert, but I'd need convincing. Then of course, the price! Is the base model worth the cost of private conversion? It looks a very nice job though.

It just might be the work of the same brilliant engineer that made a drop-head coupe P6 some years ago. I have pics of that somewhere that I took at a rally (that's what 'meets' were called then) at Hever Castle and that was a superb job.

Last edited by wraymond; 26th November 2020 at 16:15..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 16:12   #5
RallymanGAFC

Toyota

Classic Britain Youtuber has two P6 estates as well as a saloon (or two). He's based down in Cornwall from memory. Not bad watch, but bit too colourful with language for me.
RallymanGAFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 16:56   #6
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I've seen a few of these in my days of (many years ago) P6 Owners Club. The text is, however, slightly at odds.

It's not a manual, it's automatic. So far as I know the only manuals were factory derivatives and known as P6B and the steering wheel was a 'Sports' version. That makes me think it is a non-factory conversion.

A clue lies in the colour of the rear wings. The paint is different and appears much later, a nice job but it's being sold as an apparent original. In addition the under-bonnet pics show rather different tubings. Maybe it is original, I'm far from expert, but I'd need convincing. Then of course, the price! Is the base model worth the cost of private conversion? It looks a very nice job though.

It just might be the work of the same brilliant engineer that made a drop-head coupe P6 some years ago. I have pics of that somewhere that I took at a rally (that's what 'meets' were called then) at Hever Castle and that was a superb job.
Always find it odd that a dealer can list it as a manual when it is quite clearly automatic. The only manual, I think, was the 3500S with a 4-speed box and a different steering wheel.

It looks nice enough, although not sure what is going on with the shut lines on the drivers' door, bonnet and front wing? Trouble is all the external panels are purely cosmetic so you really need to pay attention to the space frame they are actually bolted to.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 17:13   #7
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
Always find it odd that a dealer can list it as a manual when it is quite clearly automatic. The only manual, I think, was the 3500S with a 4-speed box and a different steering wheel.

It looks nice enough, although not sure what is going on with the shut lines on the drivers' door, bonnet and front wing? Trouble is all the external panels are purely cosmetic so you really need to pay attention to the space frame they are actually bolted to.
Manual/ auto---??????????

It makes one VERY suspicious that the vendor doesn't know the difference.---What else is not fact but fiction ??--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 18:19   #8
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

They don't necessarily know a lot about history John. Just money. And some of them don't give a tinker's cuss about anything else.

The text in the advert doesn't give any stats about the number of MOT fails (rust) compared to the straight saloon either! I had 8 of those blessed cars over 20 years, one of them pictured on the membership card no less.

That was in the days when I could actually change the rear brake pads without too much trouble. Had to cut an access panel into the boot floor though!

The only other problem I had was the vapour lock in the fuel feed from the reserve valve to the pump. Sorted that by a length of rubber hose cladding cut in a spiral (to got around the bends) up to the pump. Wonderful cars though.
Old 26th November 2020, 19:29   #9
snowman
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

On the not history it was last moted in 2012 and it just says it's an rover 3500 no mention of estate not a bad history very little needed doing
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote