Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th December 2020, 19:50   #21
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

2/30======Tooth hurtee.-------------------

As for Covid.--My daughter and granddaughter are now recovering which is handy as the vaccine is not yet with us.

Last edited by COLVERT; 4th December 2020 at 19:55..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2020, 19:55   #22
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

The dreaded two thirty appointment.
I average five per day.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2020, 12:46   #23
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

Lockdowns should work in theory and news reports suggest that they do help in the main but, they are defeated in part because not everyone adheres to them. I know this from casual observation in my own neighbourhood as some households have continued to meet and gather with others regardless. And I have never seen such frantic activity from builders and all sorts of trades in the neighbourhood since the pandemic began. No social distancing or masks whatsoever from these workers as I've seen.

On a better note, if the lockdowns are effective in constraining the virus at least to some degree then would they also not do the same with the usual winter flu bugs thereby easing to some degree the expected annual strain on the NHS? Serendipity springs to my mind with this but it never gets a mention in the news.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2020, 13:45   #24
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I was reading yesterday that the usual epidemic of 'normal' winter flu is now at its lowest rate for 10 years and that consequently there are plenty of hospital beds available. That's lucky.

Next door to me has had builders in the garden doing a large garden room. Digger machines, concrete drilling and piling, for three days now. Not a mask in sight and four of them sitting in their van cab for their pickle sandwiches. But they are very big.
Old 5th December 2020, 16:20   #25
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
.........But they are very big.
The builders or the sandwiches?

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2020, 16:57   #26
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default It'll be safe.

I fancy the Oxford vaccine, it's modelled along the annual flu jab lines. I realise that people are worried about the time it's been tested for but think of this, the annual flu jab doesn't get ten years testing either and it changes every year. I think if the world can get the jab it'll kill the virus, after three weeks without new infections in any place it should be gone.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2020, 17:19   #27
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I fancy the Oxford vaccine, it's modelled along the annual flu jab lines. I realise that people are worried about the time it's been tested for but think of this, the annual flu jab doesn't get ten years testing either and it changes every year. I think if the world can get the jab it'll kill the virus, after three weeks without new infections in any place it should be gone.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2020, 11:15   #28
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
Yes I think the Oxford vaccine is looking a better solution than the others if only from a practical point of view as it doesn't require the special storage, transportation limits and other restraints.
The Flu vaccine does change every year but that is because it's based on whichever prominent strains are going around in any particular year. There are already vaccines available for these stains of influenza and two or three of them are included in any particular years flu jab, but they have been properly tested over many years

The vaccine won't kill the virus, it won't stop it spreading and it doesn't mean that you won't catch it.
That's not how vaccines work, having a vaccination means that if you do catch it then hopefully you will only have very mild symptoms and not become seriously ill.
The same as most other vaccines, we've had the flu vaccine for decades and we haven't rid the world of it

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 7th December 2020 at 11:18..
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2020, 12:03   #29
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Yes I think the Oxford vaccine is looking a better solution than the others if only from a practical point of view as it doesn't require the special storage, transportation limits and other restraints.
The Flu vaccine does change every year but that is because it's based on whichever prominent strains are going around in any particular year. There are already vaccines available for these stains of influenza and two or three of them are included in any particular years flu jab, but they have been properly tested over many years

The vaccine won't kill the virus, it won't stop it spreading and it doesn't mean that you won't catch it.
That's not how vaccines work, having a vaccination means that if you do catch it then hopefully you will only have very mild symptoms and not become seriously ill.
The same as most other vaccines, we've had the flu vaccine for decades and we haven't rid the world of it

Russ
Thanks for that, something I wasn't aware of.

24 days....
Old 7th December 2020, 12:17   #30
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default This virus though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Thanks for that, something I wasn't aware of.

24 days....
The difference with this virus is that it's spread by contact in the main, we don't socially distance with the flu or a cold, my point being that if there's no contact spreading and cases stop occurring it should die out as there's no reason for it to exist. If after a three week period there are no new cases it should be gone in a logical sense, the problems come if people carry on being infected by a minority of idiots. Another of our problems came because of the very poor Summer, I was seeing 7 degree temps in the mornings for most of July, it was warmer last Christmas. We know that heat kills the virus and many Greek Islands for example hardly saw any cases, the Sun makes everything too hot for the virus to live on surfaces, theoretically if someone with the virus touched a sunbed for example, ten minutes after no-one would catch it from that item, if our Summer had been roasting we would have seen less cases but, warm and wet conditions made for an ideal spreader.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote