Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th April 2018, 15:16   #11
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

just rang carpet shop they are not happy I rang the manufacturer yesterday. I told them it was due to their poor service I called the manufacturer. We had an agreement the carpet shop would ring me by 4pm, no call so I rang them. chap I wanted to talk to was out...ya .....so? what do I care? we agreed 4pm not later the 4pm. Bloke I spoke to thought it ok if I get update by 5..... no, by 4.

rang today, was told when manufacturers agent in area he will call me. That's not good is that a week a month or a year? shop had no idea so said they would find out and hung up. Its a question I would have expected them to ask and advise me off, not have me chase them. Do we put all our furniture back in the room and have the bed delivered for the fitters to move and perhaps damage paint and wall paper?

I'm now at the point where they can come and collect their carpet, underlay and gripper and i'll start again with someone else. I suppose I have to give them the opportunity to put it right. we have paid them £600 but we owe £600 and they are not getting a penny more until resolved.
we have delayed delivery of new bed, furniture down stairs in other rooms.

the shop came recommended, i'll not be using them again.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 15:25   #12
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts
Default Toolstation Grrr!

Just having grief with Toolstation, I took back a CH 3 port valve I did not need a number of weeks back ..
Blokey took my Debit card tapped a few keys and gave card back "sorted" he said ..

Couple weeks later found the inner retail box for the item I had forgot to include. it remindeed me to check on the refund .. nowt!!!

Went into the branch actually done that 3 times now and the the bloke who served is never there . .

They've supposedly investigated and can find no record of the return, no valve in the returns stock list and , have promised to do a better search and call me .. nope never have !!

Been on to customer services explained it all twice , and eventually got an email saying they can't find any record etc .etc .. wow !! been there etc ..

So at the mo' I'm down a tad under 50 quid and nowhere to go ??

Chris
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 16:58   #13
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Keep at it Clive.

It must be a disappointment that three full hours since the post, and the mutual appreciation society has not yet come out to congratulate you on another excellent and thoroughly rational bit of writing.

Must be feeling a bit lonely.
Oh I am - without my mate Wraymond I am buta shadow of my former self...

but hey-hoe - it’s better than having a persecution complex compounded by a sense of humour bi-pass!

Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 16:59   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
??????

macafee2
Don’t worry Ian - he does this
Old 25th April 2018, 17:08   #15
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
just rang carpet shop they are not happy I rang the manufacturer yesterday. I told them it was due to their poor service I called the manufacturer. We had an agreement the carpet shop would ring me by 4pm, no call so I rang them. chap I wanted to talk to was out...ya .....so? what do I care? we agreed 4pm not later the 4pm. Bloke I spoke to thought it ok if I get update by 5..... no, by 4.

rang today, was told when manufacturers agent in area he will call me. That's not good is that a week a month or a year? shop had no idea so said they would find out and hung up. Its a question I would have expected them to ask and advise me off, not have me chase them. Do we put all our furniture back in the room and have the bed delivered for the fitters to move and perhaps damage paint and wall paper?

I'm now at the point where they can come and collect their carpet, underlay and gripper and i'll start again with someone else. I suppose I have to give them the opportunity to put it right. we have paid them £600 but we owe £600 and they are not getting a penny more until resolved.
we have delayed delivery of new bed, furniture down stairs in other rooms.

the shop came recommended, i'll not be using them again.

macafee2
Sounds like you have the upper hand here Ian.

I suggest you write to the store and copy in the M.D. of the company (easy to find out via google) outlining your case saying that unless the situation is resolved you are cancelling your order and require them to remove the faulty carpet at their expense.

In my experience - it pays to inform someone high up in a company as they usually want their customers to be happy - it’s the people lower down that due to poor supervision that cause the issues.

Worth a try.
Old 25th April 2018, 17:45   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
some companies just don't seem to care

macafee2
Which is another good reason to do as much as you can, yourself...

Over the past 12 months, where I have invited companies to do work for me...

A friend offered me a perfectly good carpet he was having taken out to fit new. The company taking it out offered to refit it and quoted, which I accepted and the dropped it off here and despite pestering them, they never came back to fit it. I ended up fitting it myself.

I needed a new boiler installed several weeks ago, three got as far as looking at the job, then never even bothered to put a quote in. I ended up having to accept the quote of the third, who did a good job at reasonable cost. A fourth in London, suggested they installed anywhere in UK and quoted over the phone. I rather expected their cost would rise, once they began, so I thought best to give them a miss.

The first to look at the job was rather offensive, suggesting if he quoted we would have to wait his time for the install to be done and even suggesting that my doing some of the prep work would make no difference to what he eventually charged. He was well aware we were OAP's with CH & HW, because of the failed boiler.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 17:55   #17
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Which is another good reason to do as much as you can, yourself...

Over the past 12 months, where I have invited companies to do work for me...

A friend offered me a perfectly good carpet he was having taken out to fit new. The company taking it out offered to refit it and quoted, which I accepted and the dropped it off here and despite pestering them, they never came back to fit it. I ended up fitting it myself.

I needed a new boiler installed several weeks ago, three got as far as looking at the job, then never even bothered to put a quote in. I ended up having to accept the quote of the third, who did a good job at reasonable cost. A fourth in London, suggested they installed anywhere in UK and quoted over the phone. I rather expected their cost would rise, once they began, so I thought best to give them a miss.

The first to look at the job was rather offensive, suggesting if he quoted we would have to wait his time for the install to be done and even suggesting that my doing some of the prep work would make no difference to what he eventually charged. He was well aware we were OAP's with CH & HW, because of the failed boiler.
Don’t you find as well that when you do something yourself you do it better than the so called “experts”?

I know there are some idiot DIY’ers out there - but some so called “professionals” are not a lot better.
Old 25th April 2018, 17:59   #18
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I was having endless problems with my BT line dropping out and after several visits with no improvement I asked one of the engineers if he could give me a number that could be more help. He gave me the area manager's telephone number Guess who I now ring when I get a problem?

The last time my Internet dropped out on a Friday afternoon I had an engineer here in under an hour . Apparently he was told not to leave until I was 100% happy.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 18:14   #19
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I was having endless problems with my BT line dropping out and after several visits with no improvement I asked one of the engineers if he could give me a number that could be more help. He gave me the area manager's telephone number Guess who I now ring when I get a problem?

The last time my Internet dropped out on a Friday afternoon I had an engineer here in under an hour . Apparently he was told not to leave until I was 100% happy.
This is how it should be of course - but it isn’t.

The fun and games we had with BT was horrendous - their only recommendation was to upgrade to fibre optic broadband at a huge price hike. And being desperate - as well as trusting - I went for it.

But no improvement - on the advice of a friend I then swapped provider as then BT would have to fix the problem before the new provider will accept the line. It took three weeks and ‘bingo’!!!! - broadband that didn’t drop out every few minutes.

But also a surprise - my new provider could not provide me with fibre optic because there were no fibre optic cables within 15 miles of where we lived.

From that realisation point onwards - I have not been a fan of BT.
Old 25th April 2018, 18:36   #20
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Don’t you find as well that when you do something yourself you do it better than the so called “experts”?

I know there are some idiot DIY’ers out there - but some so called “professionals” are not a lot better.
Generally, yes I can/do do a better job.

My master cylinder failed in wildest Wales a couple of years ago, so a breakdown guy was sent out to me. He had to phone a friend who suggested pumping fluid in via the bleed nipple would sort it. He pumped and pumped and flooded my carpet despite my telling him to stop, he knew best. He them took me in and I diagnosed the problem for them, suggested they order a replacement and even explained to them the quick way to change it. £460 that cost me, for their time messing about and the MC - the breakdown and taking in was covered by breakdown insurance. Incredibly incompetent, but I was over a barrel far from home.

I have learned to trust none but myself and hope to be surprised by dealing with someone competent.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote