Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th January 2021, 20:00   #12341
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Wee package arrived from dmgrs today, so I now have a battery cover and new bonnet struts fitted to the car. Now I think all missing pieces that were missing when I bought the car are in place under the bonnet.
Also great customer service from dmgrs, when Scott phoned to check my expectations for the arrival of the new rear upper arms were realistic, they were but I was most impressed he phoned to check and had a cracking chat about MG’s over the phone.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 20:48   #12342
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I must agree with you about Scott. He is a knowledgeable bloke on our cars. I have had a few chats when ordering stuff from DMGRS. When ignition coils I had ordered from them did not appear, and I found out they had been lost in transit, and when I phoned him about it he asked if I really needed all six and I said I was going to fit the six but only one was really needed, he said he was sure that the others would turn up, but in the meantime he sent one by 24 hour post Royal Mail so I could get back on the road. A really great bloke, and will always do his best for you.
Old 28th January 2021, 04:48   #12343
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

A 25 foot roll of copper/zinc pipe costs about £14 whilst a 25 foot roll of copper comes in about £10. steel tube nuts cost about 10 pence each brass tube nuts cost about 50 pence each. copper/zinc pipe is better than just copper pipe but is slightly more difficult to work with. the cost of the parts to do the job will be less than 42 pounds or 34 pounds every good garage will have a flaring tool. So the question comes down to time. When I did Pauline's saloon with copper/Zinc pipe, brass ends and rubber brake hoses, at the beginning of the first lock down, it took me three hours and £68 pounds for all the parts. that was every pipe from the ABS control valve back to the bleed nipples on all 4 calipers. I just used standard bleed nipples, as I did not have any Titanium or brass ones. In a perfect world I would have fitted Titanium. Usually I fit Stainless steel braided hoses, only had a set of rears in stock whilst had two sets of standard rubber ones. Local factor had had a silly sale on front N/S and rear N/S brake hoses so I bought 6 of each. The rear hoses are the same both sides as are the front sadly no clips in the box but what do you want for £3-29 a hose. Three full sets of hoses for under £40. Had clips in a service case so it did not matter that they came without. I know you have now had the job done and I suspect the two main pipes and probably a couple of others were done. I suspect they used copper pipe as it is easier to flare. I have heard of people paying over £100 just for one front to back pipe. So you did good. I would love to hear from some members who are garages what they charge for Brake pipes. That way we could all have an idea what we should be expecting. I am in my seventies now and jobs take me about twice as long as they used to, so my three hours should probably be 2 hours for a garage.
and I had not included the price of brake fluid. as I have 2 box bags which when new had 20 liters in each the one on the left is nearly finished. Got them at a factors silly sale about 10 years back, I liked the fact that the fluid was in a plastic bag in the box meaning that it was always fresh out the box. Glad to hear you got another twelve month ticket on the car.
Alan
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2021, 18:08   #12344
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Gave it a good wash to get all the salt off it, also noticed a little damp patch when i moved the car out, and a little drip from the undertray so investigation does confirm my suspicion of a leak coming from the radiator somewhere on the bottom corner driver's side.

Not bad enough to warrant changing the rad yet as there is no appreciable coolant loss but might have to take the front end off to see if there is any damage to any of the fins.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2021, 10:57   #12345
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Well, today I went and picked up my car, I have the engine warning light to sort, although it has been going out since I first checked the car over. I also found out that not only has the Harman Kardon setup been removed, but whoever did it, butchered the loom to retain the connectors. Also need to work out why the power folds aren’t folding but no hurry for that. Needs a good clean and tidy too, but I’m happy with it overall - I like having a few potential projects on the go...

ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2021, 17:38   #12346
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Hoover and cleaned the interior followed by a scrub of the outside as it was minging after the run to Inverness yesterday. Finally I fitted the reverse camera at last, had ran the wires into the boot from the headunit but had never actually fitted the camera but all done now and working fine
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 11:05   #12347
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Took the tourer out for a spin to clean the rust off the discs, only to find a 4” crack along the bottom of the windscreen. Ho hum...😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 13:44   #12348
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Washed the Tourer as a well done for passing the MOT and was rewarded with finding the drivers wiper arm spring detached closer inspection the pin it hooks to has sheared , ho hum something else to sort when my fingers work again.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 16:23   #12349
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
Washed the Tourer as a well done for passing the MOT and was rewarded with finding the drivers wiper arm spring detached closer inspection the pin it hooks to has sheared , ho hum something else to sort when my fingers work again.

Scott always best to grease the springs

I think they have been done good luck with the fitting

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 17:10   #12350
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Scott always best to grease the springs

I think they have been done good luck with the fitting
Thanks Steve didn't look TBH but will check when I do passenger side.

And thanks again for the parts must be a record 1hr from texting if you had them to saying I'd fit the broken one !!!.

sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote