Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th May 2021, 14:27   #1
Rdale1

Rover 75 saloon

Default Electric seat wiring harness and rear blind harness

I am in the process of restoring and also upgrading my 75, it's a MK1 and the seats I have bought are also MK1, I have heard that the plugs are different between MK1 and MK2 but I would assume it wouldn't be too much of an issue to get the plugs changed. I have read on here that you can botch wire the seats and rear blind but I'd rather have the proper wiring in place. If anyone has any please send me a message, or maybe someone could point me in the right direction? Thanks
Rdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2021, 19:10   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

The full loom for the heated seats is huge! It involves removing the full dashboard and running the wires just below the front c=screen across the car to the ign, fusebox and to the seats, I have done this job once and would not fancy doing it again!

Its far easier to make your own loom.
Old 11th May 2021, 21:51   #3
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdale1 View Post
I am in the process of restoring and also upgrading my 75, it's a MK1 and the seats I have bought are also MK1, I have heard that the plugs are different between MK1 and MK2 but I would assume it wouldn't be too much of an issue to get the plugs changed. I have read on here that you can botch wire the seats and rear blind but I'd rather have the proper wiring in place. If anyone has any please send me a message, or maybe someone could point me in the right direction? Thanks
Hi Jordon.
I presume you are talking about air bag connectors, as the wiring plugs for the electric heated seats are the same except some are memory others not, anyways i am sure i have a few sets of looms some full some partial, they can be added without going behind the dash, you can route then via the centre console to the fuse box.

I will take a look for you tomorrow if you so wish what do you have in your car at the moment ? Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2021, 08:14   #4
Rdale1

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Jordon.
I presume you are talking about air bag connectors, as the wiring plugs for the electric heated seats are the same except some are memory others not, anyways i am sure i have a few sets of looms some full some partial, they can be added without going behind the dash, you can route then via the centre console to the fuse box.

I will take a look for you tomorrow if you so wish what do you have in your car at the moment ? Arctic.

Thanks for the replys, I have a set on the way, Iv heard it's a pig of a job but it's a long-term project and I want to do it properly, also the previous owner cut me a nice trap door in the carpet under the driverside Matt so the carpet and centre console have to come out regardless. Thanks again
Rdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2021, 09:42   #5
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdale1 View Post
Thanks for the replys, I have a set on the way, Iv heard it's a pig of a job but it's a long-term project and I want to do it properly, also the previous owner cut me a nice trap door in the carpet under the driverside Matt so the carpet and centre console have to come out regardless. Thanks again
Hi Jordon.
Great no problem below is what i have, couple sets of the Mk1 and one set of Mk2

Also a few heated switches.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote