Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd July 2022, 18:44   #21
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Thanks! Did not think about that..., have put it back together for know untill I get the clips in. Do not want to desturb things too much, (I know, I am a too carefull maybe). Here some images to click on, can't figure out to post in portret mode:

Did not know what to expect with the tank comepletely full, so to prevent getting fuel on the carpet, I made some precautions by taping a plastic protection shield in case of dripping too much fuel...

Last edited by Azur; 2nd July 2022 at 18:54..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 18:58   #22
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Bit difficult to see, but if I compare it to this image:
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=107882 yours seems to be quite a long way off but at least you've found the cause of the non-starting.

Keep well

Last edited by vitesse; 2nd July 2022 at 19:47..
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2022, 13:48   #23
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Update:
After waiting two weeks for the fuel filter clip and O-ring plus paying 2 x taxes because otherwise I didn't get the package, I started to place the clip last week (2 clips plus 2 o-rings including P&P 55 euro total...) While at work I saw that someone had used a broken fuel filter! Who does something like that...so I ordered another new fuel filter, this time from Germany. 70 euros at the dealer, 18.50 euros via Ebay....arrived today!

Just installed the new filter, new inner gasket (nitrile O-ring), re-used the tankseal gaskets rubber seals, and I have tightened the metal retaining ring very firmly by hand....and the car started immediately! Hooray, thanks for your help! But, made a short test drive, at a bend some petrol came free around the metal retaining ring connection filter module tank.
I think this indicates that the rubber sealing ring gaskets of the module in the tank are not properly connected. I have two new ones which came with the filter.

What can I do now and how do I make sure that the gaskets connect well with the edge of the hole in the tank where the filter module sits? How can I check this to make sure it is properly sealed? I have noticed these are 2 rubber sealing rings, one with a down-side and one with a up side. The are not attached to eachother, will they be clamped together when the filter module is screwed in and maybe a stupic question, but can the bottom one drop down in the tank or is it clamped in a way?

Thanks again,

Emiel

Last edited by Azur; 21st July 2022 at 13:56..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2022, 21:09   #24
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Sorry but are you trying to fit two seals in the same place? There should be one for the pump side and one for the filter, and the large metal ring tightly secured.

Here's a good how to by T-Cut:
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ead.php?t=9108

Good luck
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2022, 08:13   #25
Azur
Loves to post

Thanks Mike,

I made a mistake, I thought I saw 2 rubber rings with the existing filter, but it is 1.
With the new filter there are 2, I was confused by that too. With your comment I now understand that the 2nd one is for the pump side.

I have just checked again, the gasket is ok and in place. I have now tightened the metal ring a bit more, with some mechanical force. Let's see how it goes, first testdrive no problems.

In any case, the problem is solved and I know what caused this.

Many thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

Greetings from Holland,

Emiel