Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th November 2021, 21:10   #1
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts
Default Electric cars

We have a mobile chiropodist visit us every 6 weeks or so, and he told us yesterday that he had bought an electric car. He brought the subject up of miles per charge. I do not know what car it is, not really interested, but it is a smaller model he said. Now I have always said that when we get a really long cold winter, the roads will be blocked by electric cars with no ‘go’, empty of charge. He said that when he checked the mileage on the dial in the car when he came out, it said there were 95 miles showing. He said he had just pulled up at our abode, and there was only 45 miles left. He had only travelled about 20 miles, and thought there was something wrong with it, the car. I asked if he had been using the heater, it was only 1.2 centigrade, and he had, also the lovely heated seats and rear window demister. As I said, wait for a long cold winter. He said it is supposed to do around 200 odd miles on a full charge. Yes ok.