Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2020, 07:22   #11
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

I’d be up for one, can’t see any reason why not. Oh what a coincidence, there are quite a lot of rovers and mgs here at the same time

How can Bournemouth beach be any different to a small gathering at a park pub etc?

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 08:13   #12
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Awesome, looks like the relentless tirade of doom on the telly is working nicely

I might even head down to an "unofficial meet" at a pub beer garden soon, even in East Anglia so I can spend loads of time driving

Brian
I think the media coverage of this pandemic has been shameful and extremely biased - they choose all the worst case stories to scare us, whilst ignoring any good news about the pandemic. Or, they just cook up stories to criticise and make political anti-government points. After digging around on the net yesterday I managed to find the latest population survey data from Office of National Statistics showing that last week the Covid-19 infection rate in the community had dropped again from 1 in 1700 the previous week to 1 in 2450 - so the risk to us all is getting lower all the time. This was never reported in the media - but this was good news, so not worthy of airing !

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 08:43   #13
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Exactly! I would be closer to you in aldi Glasshouton than at ackworth steam rally sat at the back of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobson View Post
I’d be up for one, can’t see any reason why not. Oh what a coincidence, there are quite a lot of rovers and mgs here at the same time

How can Bournemouth beach be any different to a small gathering at a park pub etc?
Old 25th June 2020, 09:08   #14
selwol
Regular poster

exrover75 saloon owner gone to a good home

Three of the guys I worked with till I retired have died with covid. All younger than me, all in good health and one even did long distance cycle tours.We worked on railway stations In contact with the public. The delay in putting lockdowns into place has cost lives. This relaxing of the lockdown and reducing social distancing will inevitably cause another spike in infections.
selwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 10:29   #15
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Awesome, looks like the relentless tirade of doom on the telly is working nicely

I might even head down to an "unofficial meet" at a pub beer garden soon, even in East Anglia so I can spend loads of time driving

Brian
Sounds like a really nice run out.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 14:31   #16
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by selwol View Post
Three of the guys I worked with till I retired have died with covid. All younger than me, all in good health and one even did long distance cycle tours.We worked on railway stations In contact with the public. The delay in putting lockdowns into place has cost lives. This relaxing of the lockdown and reducing social distancing will inevitably cause another spike in infections.
Your probably more likely to be killed in a fatal accident on the way to a meet than contracting COVID at the meet and subsequently dying of it. If your worried then don’t go. You’ll be more at risk going shopping...

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 15:56   #17
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

The rules are a farce with the infection rate so low and being told this is with us for at least a year life must start returning to the old normal.
If you feel vulnerable then it's up to you to take the required precautions.
Life is for living l just wish they would let us get on with it.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 19:40   #18
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

its a hard one, over here in western australia we have had hardly any deaths as our housing etc it spread out and we have closed our state boarders early from anyone entering the state or the country .Anyone arriving is made to quarantine for 14 days.
There had been a small spike recently in melbourne i believe and the media are all over it but for us in the west life is pretty much back to normal.
You guys have had it tough with hundreds dying every day. We have also had the double standards where black lives matter rallies protest in hundreds and thousands and the government says not to do it but do nothing done re fines etc but they enforce all their guidlines on any individual or businesses .
As some politician said, never let a good crisis go to waist.
The media etc love it.
That being said, it seems when this bug takes off it really runs rampant and takes out alot of older people or people with existing health issues.
There is talk about us bring able to travel to New Zealand as a first step out of our bubble in coming months but small steps it seems.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 09:29   #19
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
This is what I don’t understand. As there’s nothing stopping me going into ASDA ect and picking up a tin of beans putting it down and 10 other people touch it. Walking close by each other. But not allowed to go in a field and walk further apart not touching anything in and outdoor environment and not enclosed.
Agreed...theres no sense...my local garage has a door thats always closed so people have to use the handle to exit and provide no hand sanitizer..and theres no rule on how many in small shop at one time...those exiting have to brush past those coming in...seems wrong at a time when there is still so much risk and its been same now for some weeks. I too observed a shopper picking stuff up and putting it back on shelf..but look, this country voted in a selfish bunch of yobs in suits...what would we expect to be the outcome?...this country needs leadership that knows better than to break its own rules for a start
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote