Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd August 2021, 17:19   #1
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Default Update from Holland

Hello fellow members,

Here an update from the Dutchess, Moonstone and the White Gold:
June 18: a big hail ice storm hitted all of my cars. Hail stones with a diameter of 5cm targeted all the cars in the neighbourhood. My wife made a movie from me, running in the heat of the moment with a straw head on my head as a protector, on my bare feet (no time to put on shoes), throwing all the blankets we have over our cars to avoid further damage, soaking wet... Our Ionic EV had 184 dents all over the car, one giant gap straight through the back window. Luckely insurrance work, 2350 euro damage. Than the 75's: first the Dutchess, also a lot of dents. The restyler of the repair company did a good job: removed all the dents. Even better, the dents in the door are also removed. A real gift, "beauty for ashes". Tears became smiles. The Moonstone, also a lot of dents, will go to the repair company upcoming monday, hopefully they will do the same trick (different company). I believe in beauty for ashes again. The White gold: I have to undo the dents myself, since it was not insured enough apperantely. Just increased the insurance with extra protection against forces of nature. I am practicing PDR a bit, so let us see how things work out.

Further these cars are great, but time and money consuming. Some work I have done lately: Shannon tube change, solenoid starter change, gold resistorkit for the broken silver one, logo changement, repaired third break light (fell off) repaired backseat interiorlights (fell off, all 3 cars), brake pipe change (external garage, out of my rookie mechanical
comfort zone), repaired broken numberplate light unit, upgraded racing mesh, repaired a broken speaker on the IPK, changed a broken parking sensor. Now I am preparing the Moonstone for a holiday trip to France, so will have to do the oil change and further preps. The Dutchess still leaking a small bit of coolant liquid with a suspected waterpump seal, so will need to take care of that after the holiday. The White gold needs new tires. Still enjoying the cars, driving very good and looking the best. Hoping that they will behave better in the future. Now, I guess some flushing of the auto gearboxes in the near future would not harm them, also the airco services are needed, some new brakedisks and pads on the Golden one...hm..where did my holiday money go?

Anyway, thanks for all the advice, happy motoring this summer and I hope Andy will organise the Dutch Boxtel meeting again in 2022! We will be there to show the beauties.

Cheers from Holland,
Emiel

Last edited by Azur; 3rd August 2021 at 06:14..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:30   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Mother Nature certainly went to town on your cars. Well done with all the work carried out. Holiday money certainly came in handy.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:53   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

That's bad luck Emiel, I'm glad you are getting through the jobs, don't give up!

I have spoken to the lovely folk at De Ruwenberg who understand all the troubles with travelling in 2021, they are ready to welcome us back in 2022 so fingers crossed we can make it happen.