Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th May 2022, 12:32   #1
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Default ZTT fest Gainsborough Lidl

I drove Nigel my silver MK2 ZTT to LIDL on Wed and to my delight found the first ever other ZTT i have seen in the wild in 4 years of ownership, it was a MK1! So I parked next to it as you do .

The driver was making his escape as i exited Lidl lol. Was it you? If so I hope you get your rear sills sorted, not much left of them at all!

Incidentally I came of Lidl with a bench grinder to work on the car this weekend. The orings sets are still in there gathering dust lol.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2022, 16:30   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

You show a Lincs, want to be more specific? I'm just down the road from Gainsborough, Fenton.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:13   #3
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
You show a Lincs, want to be more specific? I'm just down the road from Gainsborough, Fenton.

macafee2
I will forward your request for more info to our head of safety and security

I know Fenton, often frequent the Car boot at Torksey good to discover a member local. Nigel is Gainsborough based, it is a big county and recently moved back to the top of it.

Was it you Macafee?

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 3rd June 2022 at 13:55..
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:11   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
I will forward your request for more info to our head of safety and security

I know Fenton, often frequent the Car boot at Torksey good to discover a member local. Nigel is Gainsborough based, it is a big county and recently moved back to the top of it.

Was it you Macafee?
Not not me, my Tourer is black and not very pretty and my saloon is Cimarron green.

I wonder if this is the same tourer I saw in B&Q.
I'd given my last club banner away only a few days earlier. If I'd had one I'd have sipped it under the windscreen wiper.

I keep forgetting to go to that car boot sale.

macafee2
Old 4th June 2022, 12:55   #5
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Fair enough. N yeah suppose its been long enough shoudl really get the club mech out.

Nigel is a bit tatty in places esp front bumper but there aint a spot of rust on bodywork other than the OS rear jacking point which is up next for repair which is pretty impressive for a nearly 20 yr old car. A new bumper and polish plus some decent wheels and Nigel is mint externally.

Might have been us in B&Q we where there last week for about 10 minutes, was it a ZTT or a 75 you saw?

Old 4th June 2022, 16:41   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Fair enough. N yeah suppose its been long enough shoudl really get the club mech out.

Nigel is a bit tatty in places esp front bumper but there aint a spot of rust on bodywork other than the OS rear jacking point which is up next for repair which is pretty impressive for a nearly 20 yr old car. A new bumper and polish plus some decent wheels and Nigel is mint externally.

Might have been us in B&Q we where there last week for about 10 minutes, was it a ZTT or a 75 you saw?
I thought it was but I did not see a ZTT badge. More likely the car on the left then the right in the top post

macafee2
Old 10th November 2022, 16:59   #7
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon / Rover 75 Tourer / MG ZT-T+ (180)

Default I saw you.

I saw Nigel on Wednesday 2nd November in Gainsborough town centre at lunchtime. I did take a quick look. I was in my Tourer but didn’t park nearby. I did enquire on facebook groups if it was anyone but I rarely log in here.

I sometimes go to the Torksey bootsale & usually see a gold Rover 75 & sometimes a silver 75, both Mk II’s if I recall correctly.

I’m based out of Newark & commute to Lincoln frequently & occasionally Gainsborough & Retford. I usually see at least one MG Rover on my trips & its most often a 75 or ZT.

I’ve seen a Cirramon Green Mk II Tourer at the Courtyard tearooms in Newton On Trent several times & it’s in good condition with a long term owner from DVLA’s logbook records.

Several Rover 75’s & two ZT-T’s based close to me with V6 & Diesel engines & all with long term owners.
Mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote