Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th May 2022, 09:34   #1
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Default Tt 2022

Due to covid ts been 3 years off. I went twice last year to see if it was still there...

Qualifying starts this Sunday. Carnt wait. Hope everyone as a safe one.

https://www.iomttraces.com/latest/ne...nfirmed-jun21/
Old 7th June 2022, 17:18   #2
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

Half way threw now. Rain tomorrow. Theres been some saying in th press it should be banned... What do you think?
Old 7th June 2022, 17:30   #3
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Any loss of life at the TT is sad, the IOM is inherently more risky than a track due to the lack of any run off areas but nobody forces riders to take part, they're doing what they enjoy and they are more than award of the dangers. Soon they'll want any sport that has a risk factor banned.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2022, 10:14   #4
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

Just listened to Manx radio news. There as been a up rising to get it banned again. No body forces them to do it. Life is un safe in general. 10 people die a day on our roads. But that is exceptable. Has anyone seen Carmagedon (not th game but a facts and figures of vehicle mortalities). Enough to put anyone of driving...
Old 12th June 2022, 11:54   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I think 5 have now been killed, a farther and son racing a sidecar amongst the 5. One death in the family is tragic but 2!

I feel so sorry for the family and friends of those that have lost their lives.

Whist I know "no one forces them to race" under the circumstances when a life has been lost, I dislike that comment. It comes across as uncaring.

I dont want anyone to be injured or killed but neither do I want the race cancelled. It is such a dangerous place to race.

I was a biker until just over a year ago. My wife never asked me to give it up but was glad when I did and I think the family and friends of those that race are the same.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2022, 13:43   #6
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

As above, I rode many bikes and feel very lucky that I am here to tell the tale. I "escaped" a number of "near do's" (never my fault - of course!) but on the couple of occasions that I did "come off" I survived, with nothing more than bruises, a broken collar bone and lacerations to my "undercarriage"(Ouch!). Road racing has never been my thing but I can see the "addiction" for the adrenaline rush will call to some.

What worries me are the hundreds/thousands of folks who try to copy their "heroes" on normal roads (with traffic!). The stream of young lads and lasses who are permanently injured, scarred for life or lose their lives due to inexperience, lack of protection, lack of skill or just plain recklessness is very difficult for those who have to deal with the consequences.

Should it be banned? Ask me now and I would say "Yes". If you had asked me twenty years ago, I would have probably said "Maybe".

If you still ride, keep it shiny side up and take care.
Old 12th June 2022, 22:04   #7
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" Whist I know "no one forces them to race" under the circumstances when a life has been lost, I dislike that comment. It comes across as uncaring."

Im glad you have a oppinion....
Old 12th June 2022, 22:06   #8
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
As above, I rode many bikes and feel very lucky that I am here to tell the tale. I "escaped" a number of "near do's" (never my fault - of course!) but on the couple of occasions that I did "come off" I survived, with nothing more than bruises, a broken collar bone and lacerations to my "undercarriage"(Ouch!). Road racing has never been my thing but I can see the "addiction" for the adrenaline rush will call to some.

What worries me are the hundreds/thousands of folks who try to copy their "heroes" on normal roads (with traffic!). The stream of young lads and lasses who are permanently injured, scarred for life or lose their lives due to inexperience, lack of protection, lack of skill or just plain recklessness is very difficult for those who have to deal with the consequences.

Should it be banned? Ask me now and I would say "Yes". If you had asked me twenty years ago, I would have probably said "Maybe".

If you still ride, keep it shiny side up and take care.
Yes its selfish. They agree.