Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th January 2014, 18:13   #1
Charles
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connossieur SE

Default Two good jobs done today

Two good jobs done today. First, cured static on the radio when the rear window demister is on (thanks to JohnDotCom for very helpful post on how to do this); second, cured "spinning key syndrome" on boot lock by replacing broken part within lock (thanks to Uncle Fiesta for the "how to" and Simon rs for supplying a donor lock). Very satisfying to be able to do these things oneself, not to mention considerably cheaper than going to a garage; the help I've received from members of this forum has already saved me many times the amount of my annual subscription (which I renewed last week).
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 18:16   #2
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Two good jobs done today. First, cured static on the radio when the rear window demister is on (thanks to JohnDotCom for very helpful post on how to do this); second, cured "spinning key syndrome" on boot lock by replacing broken part within lock (thanks to Uncle Fiesta for the "how to" and Simon rs for supplying a donor lock). Very satisfying to be able to do these things oneself, not to mention considerably cheaper than going to a garage; the help I've received from members of this forum has already saved me many times the amount of my annual subscription (which I renewed last week).
Jobs well done Charles
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 18:24   #3
Alan123
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I had a good afternoon checked oil water Plenums (all sweet) and changed the lower engine mount. Also got rid of the worn locking nuts and replaced with normal type
Alan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 18:30   #4
handyjackdaniels
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 v6 in firefrost red

Got a few jobs done today, oil and filter change, after cleaning mucky cam cover the day before, also installed shark fin antenna that I got from Sean a few months ago.....has improved signal impressively!

A good valet and polish on the cards for tomorrow
handyjackdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote