Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd February 2017, 07:43   #11
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxyem View Post
4th issue. central locking does not work on all doors on fob
Are you sure that that is a fault? I thought the same thing when I bought my car and only the driver's door opened on the fob. Turns out that it's a feature - do all your doors open on a second press of the unlock button?

Hopefully so and your central locking is working as expected!
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 09:55   #12
Snagger
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 CDT CLUB SE 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxyem View Post
Hi all, Thanks for the replies it is appreciated, I shall make these checks when it is not bucketing down with rain.

2nd issue. indicator lights not working on dash
3rd issue. electric mirrors not working.
4th issue. central locking does not work on all doors on fob and only one key supplied
See my solution to these items in reply to your post in technical help section.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=261207

Snagger.

How to remove CDT alternator from top & side :-

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=199608

Battery charge light problems on a diesel ?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...3&postcount=64

Diesel charging FBH voltage supply diagram

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ght=cdt+charge

How to identify voltage regulator type diesel

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...56&postcount=3

Snagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:12   #13
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Hi.
You mentioned you bought from a dealer.
Could he fix the few issues you have or did the car come with no warranty whatsoever?
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:58   #14
pvmw

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Check master cylinder fluid. This is up under the bulkhead, back of the steering wheel, not the one in the plenum, that only feeds the brakes. Awkward to get to but do a bul.
A trick I discovered when suddenly I lost my clutch cluid and discovered to my disgust where they'd hidden the master cylinder, making refilling it and bleeding the system virtually impossible.

It is almost completely inaccessible, so my solution was to loosen the reservoir cap (which is possible by prodding it with a screwdriver) and then refill the system by using an eezibleed (normally used to bleed brakes) to inject fluid back via the bleed screw to be found in the nearside of the engine bay. Put some rags/newspaper in the footwell to catch the excess fluid, and then fill until someone watching tells you to stop as there is fluid appearing.
pvmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 22:48   #15
Saxyem
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE CDT Tourer

Thanks again,

Today after I had driven half a mile the clutch pedal dropped to the floor and stuck, I pulled over and depressed it a couple of times and it came back up fine, yesterday I was in town and it was just very hard to get into gear, lots of crunching and stickiness. I don;t have the time to check the actual clutch so am going to have to let me usual garage have a look to see what is amiss.

The dealer showed me the receipt for the new clutch though there is rattling when i depress it, I am wondering if he really did change the slave on the thrust bearing like he said he had.
Saxyem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 23:38   #16
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Don't want to be the one to give you bad news but it will be the master and or slave cylinder that has failed. It is common knowledge that the quality of these parts on these cars is sadly variable and are noted for early failure. On my ZT-T the master, a quality branded part, failed after a new clutch and dmf was fitted after only 3000 miles and 13 months. Then a further 3500 miles and 10 months the master failed a couple of weeks ago. This is a gearbox out job so traded it in. Advice from respected traders on here was if I fix it it will only fail again in a short time. Some seem to be fortunate and get good life from the replacements but others like me and sounds like yours do not. Experts offer better life from one make and other experts, our club clutch guru being one, have told me they are all the same having them failed in as little as three months and straight out of the box.

Really miss the car and hope to get another at some time but it will be an auto.

My old car has now turned up on eBay advertised as emmaculate condition, with cruise control, heated seats, side air bags, fsh non of which it has, and no faults whatsoever so beware.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017, 08:16   #17
Saxyem
Regular poster

Thank you for your honesty Robsun, I had no warranty on the car so I am not sure which way to go on this, if I was to just sell it on as is I would not get anywhere near what I paid for the car, I had contemplated getting a solid clutch kit and upgraded slave but either way it shall be an expensive job and I am not too sure I really wish to spend a small fortune only for it to fail again.

I shall speak with the dealer to find out precisely what had been changed, having had the car one week I think I have been stuffed but I do know that he was honest enough to show me what it owed and this is what I paid him after haggling. It all seems a dire shame because if it was not for these faults the car drives great and is in excellent overall condition.
Old 4th February 2017, 15:35   #18
Old Mally
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Picked mine up yesterday, bought unseen.
Have the same temp problem so ordered the inline kit, thanks for peoples advice on that.
The clutch on mine seems fine, but it worries me that the replacement cost could be more than I paid for the car.
As you say they are nice to drive, possibly attempt the job yourself if you have the facilities/capability.
It's spares or repair now so you can't make it worse.
Old Mally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 23:12   #19
Saxyem
Regular poster

Yet another update.

Yesterday for the first time I went through a carwash- I think this was a big mistake because although I could not see any leaks from the rear window whilst going through the wash it poured in!

I had a look when I got out and the rear window seems to be held in place with the wiper assembly, I can put my hand all the way down the drivers side of the rear window hence to say it appears to be unattached from the body.

This needs fixing fast so I really could do with some advice or pointers to any recommended window repairers or is this an easy fix?
Old 17th February 2017, 23:24   #20
Saxyem
Regular poster

Default Photo

here is a pic of my 75
[IMG][/IMG]