Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th August 2017, 11:42   #261
Mr Toad
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8 tourer & MG ZTT & MG RV8

Smile Handbrake compensators

I have recently fitted Arctic's handbrake compensators to both my son's MG ZT 260 and my wife's MG ZTT 180 plus. What a fantastic difference it has made especially for my son's car which is manual.To have a fully functioning handbrake for what is such a relatively small outlay is great .Thank you Steve. I shall be needing one for my Rover 75 V8 when I have a little more time to fit it.

Martin
Old 26th August 2017, 19:23   #262
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad View Post
I have recently fitted Arctic's handbrake compensators to both my son's MG ZT 260 and my wife's MG ZTT 180 plus. What a fantastic difference it has made especially for my son's car which is manual.To have a fully functioning handbrake for what is such a relatively small outlay is great .Thank you Steve. I shall be needing one for my Rover 75 V8 when I have a little more time to fit it.

Martin[/QUOTE
]

Hi Martin.
Thank you for the feed back just drop me an email or PM when you are ready and I will sort one out for you fitted one today for an owner in Redditch cheers Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 4th September 2017, 16:21   #263
Cookester

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Handbrake compensator

Just wanted to say thanks so much for the modified handbrake compensator Steve, your guide certainly helps a lot. The worst bit for me was getting to the screws on the side of the centre console, stupid ZT seats with their flared bases!
Has made a real difference, tried everything else first, i.e. New discs and handbrake shoes, but ultimately this was the essential modification.
Regards Rob
Old 10th September 2017, 20:21   #264
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookester View Post
Just wanted to say thanks so much for the modified handbrake compensator Steve, your guide certainly helps a lot. The worst bit for me was getting to the screws on the side of the centre console, stupid ZT seats with their flared bases!
Has made a real difference, tried everything else first, i.e. New discs and handbrake shoes, but ultimately this was the essential modification.
Regards Rob
Hi Rob.
Thank you for your feedback it is most appreciated, also thank you all members whom leave feedback on this thread.

Any member whom thinks he may struggle to fit the modified compensator, please remember we have several meets throughout the year where you can visit and have the SSC fitted for you FOC.

Those whom have sent me a PM over the last couple of days your SSC will posted out first thing in the morning without fail cheers Arctic .

ad altiora tendo.

Old 19th September 2017, 09:15   #265
spanner48

Rover 75 CDT Tourer

Default Thanks Steve!

This is a great service, very efficient from Arctic, and it transforms the handbrake from "wet spaghetti" to something firm and functional.

Two points:
1: After removing the passenger-side Kick Panel, it says "Repeat the same on the driver's side". But the two Kick Panels are identical, not handed; so on the driver's side, the Kick Panel has to be slid off BACKWARDS.

2: I was on my own so, like many others, I had real trouble getting the carpet out of the way to unscrew the two side screws for the Compensator Cover Panel. So I measured up carefully, then cut an 'X-shaped' cross in the carpet each side, over the screws' locations, pushed the Torx driver through, undid the screws, and fished them out from the footwell.

Much easier; and you can barely see the cuts, once it's back in place. But you do have to measure up carefully.
Old 19th September 2017, 10:44   #266
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner48 View Post
This is a great service, very efficient from Arctic, and it transforms the handbrake from "wet spaghetti" to something firm and functional.

Two points:
Quote:
1: After removing the passenger-side Kick Panel, it says "Repeat the same on the driver's side". But the two Kick Panels are identical, not handed; so on the driver's side, the Kick Panel has to be slid off BACKWARDS
2: I was on my own so, like many others, I had real trouble getting the carpet out of the way to unscrew the two side screws for the Compensator Cover Panel.
Quote:
So I measured up carefully, then cut an 'X-shaped' cross in the carpet each side, over the screws' locations, pushed the Torx driver through, undid the screws, and fished them out from the footwell.
Much easier; and you can barely see the cuts, once it's back in place. But you do have to measure up carefully.
HI Giles.
Thank you for your feed back most appreciated, sorry you had a little trouble fitting.

If you read carefully above photo 11/12 it will read.
(Now from the rear near passengers side first remove the carpet kicker by sliding it to the front of the car rear passenger side,)( to the rear on the drivers side Fig 12-13)

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...153360&page=11

I can not recommend cutting the carpet that is for the individual owner such as your self to decide.

I would recommend cutting a couple of pieces of wood to wedge back the carpet thus holding it up for you, as stated in the how to. ( Picture 37A)

If you are working on your own cut your self two pieces of wood approx 10"-12" long you can use these to hold the carpet back and up for you Fig 37A pic below. Arctic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5o57qc.jpg (71.1 KB, 42 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Old 19th September 2017, 15:38   #267
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Last edited by RogerHeinz57; 19th September 2017 at 18:20..
Old 19th September 2017, 18:59   #268
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Cheers Steve - Another happy customer in Cambridgeshire!

Fitting the compensator was straight forward, except for the carpet which tried to thwart me at every stage!!

Also, my facelifted tourer had Torx 30 bolts holding the compensator plate on under the carpet - might be handy for others to know if they're getting the tools together.

Handbrake is now working as designed and passed its MoT on the second time of asking.
Old 5th January 2018, 11:00   #269
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Default Handbrake Compensator SSC

Hello and Happy New Year to all.

David & Adrian your SSC have been posted out so should be with you very soon, in fact David after checking I see yours as arrived and been signed for happy fitting cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 3rd February 2018, 06:43   #270
fish2bag
Regular poster

2005 Rover 75 1.8L connoiseur

Many thanks Steve, your SSC is fantastic, it took me about 45mins to fit and its so nice to have a handbrake again cheers
(Enclosed are a couple of photos)

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread