Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th October 2018, 19:30   #1
WallyH
Regular poster

mg zt-t

Default front bumber & seat backs

Hi All
Just a couple of items I have damaged pockets in front seat backs, have spare seats with good pockets,how easy is it to remove/ replace with any damage,and have front bumper that I replaced after respraying with aerosol (trophy blue)and lacquer (sprayed in kitchen while better half was away for weekend)quite pleased with result but it has not lasted to well, got a quote for job locally and nearly fainted,could do it with cellulose but have doubts about durability of that.Did notice some one at Powderham show a couple of years back had lower body of 75 tourer done with vinyl wrap looked quite good.Any body used this?
WallyH
WallyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 21:04   #2
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Hey there,

If I were you, I'd just be looking for a replacement front bumper in the right colour. Replacing it is a 20 minute job and I'd wager it'll be a lot cheaper than spraying / wrapping yours with the benefit that you'll end up with an OEM finish.

I'm in the same boat with my BRG facelifted tourer - the rear bumper has been mullered by a previous owner and badly re-shapaed / sprayed. As soon as I find a replacement it'll be removed and replaced. I got an astronomical quite to rectify it, and even after all the outlay, it's still a damaged and repaired panel.
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 22:27   #3
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=60562
Old 9th October 2018, 07:20   #4
WallyH
Regular poster

mg zt-t

Default bumper and seat backs

Thanks all for advice ,I butchered spare seats to get back/pockets out and see what you mean about tools required not to damage seat,ref bumper/grill I"ve had this off so many times with fan problems, damaged front (my fault)that I only have to shout at this thing and it jumps off .Trophy Blue fronts seem bit rare and last one I inquired about with P&P would have cost a fortune,
yesterday found vinyl wrap outfit in Crediton who would do it for £160, which is cheaper than respray I"ve been quoted, colour match is"nt bad, better than my effort anyway,only drawback it"s not metallic, being on front hope it wo"nt show much.anyway thanks again for advice.
WallyH
WallyH is offline   Reply With Quote