Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th October 2018, 17:48   #11
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

If that doesn't help then it could be a fault with the connector between the engine bay wiring loom and the bumper wiring loom. It is located inside the engine bay on the left hand side, quite a long way down, attached to the member that goes from the front of the car to the back. Sorry - it's difficult to describe exactly where it is, but if you grab a torch and trace the wiring you can probably find it. If you've ever taken the bumper off, yoiu'll know exactly where it is!

EDIT: actually it's on this video, at 5:06. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BUGH4_VMkU

It houses the connection for the outside temperature sensor so if your dash also reads 30 degrees C then it's very likely to be this multi-plug.

Last edited by Tourist; 13th October 2018 at 13:26..
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2018, 22:15   #12
triple e
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon, Connoisseur CDT SE Automatic 4 Door

The rain continues still here in Devon so still to investigate - further query re these failed front indicator lights. Do they have a common earth which might have failed at the connection to the chassis earth? This could explain the simultaneous failure of the 2 apparently unconnected lights.
triple e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 12:02   #13
triple e
Regular poster

Default Front Indicators Failure

Still raining here in Devon!!
For all forum members I recommend following the very useful video link suggested by Tourist in the 'Edit' attached to his previous post in this thread. Take a look if you've not seen it yet and allow it to progress to others - well worth the time.
Will advise on my progress when weather enables me to check out the lights. Many thanks to those who've offered advice so far.
John
Old 13th October 2018, 13:26   #14
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Good luck with it John - I've heard that the weather is pretty dicey down there.

I know that connector well because it's easy to forget to re-conect it, or not push it far enough home when fitting the bumper and then only finding out when you've finished the job.

ISTR that you can access it via the removable panel in the wheel arch but can't be sure..
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 18:49   #15
triple e
Regular poster

Default Further Clarification Please

Thanks for the advice so far - I've checked all I can see without actually taking the bumper off so it's removal seems the next logical step as the fault has not been found.
Just a query before I do remove the bumper (possibly for Tourist).
If the connector has become disconnected would that actually disconnect the fog lights and the temperature sensor? I ask that as they both work OK now.
Thanks for forum members support with this. There is a connection failure but am becoming frustrated that I can't find it and it helps to know there is help/advice out there.
Old 18th October 2018, 18:57   #16
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple e View Post
If the connector has become disconnected would that actually disconnect the fog lights and the temperature sensor? I ask that as they both work OK now.
If the connector isn't connected then neither fog lights or temp sensor would work as its all the same multi plug iirc.
Old 18th October 2018, 20:18   #17
triple e
Regular poster

Thanks for that Wullie480.
On one hand it helps as it saves me the task of removing the bumper to look at that connector.
On the other it leaves me even more baffled re where to look for the problem (which to remind those who've forgotten is a simultaneous failure of both front indicators).
Any further clues/suggestions/ideas please.
John
Old 19th October 2018, 14:27   #18
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Whip the bumper off and check the wiring and connector plug and socket - could be a couple of corroded contacts.

You can check for voltage, and also check the earth return to the body.

If that all checks out then either a failed LSM, or the wiring from it to the connector.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote