Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th October 2019, 11:09   #1
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default Window regulator guide clip sourced, possibly.

This is a continuation of my previous post “How to replace a window regulator (winder)” here.

It’s a long and tortuous tale, but has a happy ending.

If you don’t recognise the part here it’s the guide clip that sits on the end of the window regulator and holds the two nipples that hold the cable to enable you to wind the window up and down. Rimmers don’t sell it separately: you have to buy the whole caboodle at a snip for £238, so obviously we all buy from the scrappie.

However, Vitesse from Sweden kindly replied saying the part should be available from any VW dealer (part no. 1OU - 837 -583). I did however find it on eBay here (£6.83) from Germany, but I got my son who lives in Berlin to buy it that saved me the postage.

Well I tried my local VW dealer but like Rimmers they only sell the whole motorised regulator but my nearest Skoda dealer does list it as a back order and costs the princely sum of £1.50. When I expressed surprise and barely controlled delight that this part fitted to 20 year old R75s was still being used on a modern Skoda he said it was possibly made by Valeo or another of the auto component suppliers so had multiple brand uses. Alleluia.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide clip.jpg (38.6 KB, 61 views)
Old 4th October 2019, 14:39   #2
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Glad there's a happy ending. I've replaced both rear clips, one was made in Czech Republic 12.5 2015 the other in France 24.07.2017. While it stated "expire date - none" we all know plastic does age so happy to get fresh ones. And the price was similar to your £1.50. No other details of manufacturer.

No explanation why your dealer had them on back order, I believe these clips are used in other VWs besides the Octavia. I had no problem getting them, but at that time my daughter worked for VW.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote