Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st November 2019, 23:04   #11
rayrahman
Regular poster

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
I had the cat stolen from my ZT last year and these are unobtainable now (I got a pattern front pipe section, but this was only single skinned and didn't have holes for both sensors) so I ended up with getting a complete front section of exhaust from one of the traders on here and had that fitted.

Looking at the access under the ZT, you wouldn't get anything bulky in there to remove it.

I had to fiddle with the centre exhaust rubber a few mo the ago without a jack and I found it hard even getting my arm under the car and touching the centre pipe! They must of jacked it up quite a bit..

I would of thought the car’s alarm would of gone off however!!! I sat in the car, locked the doors and swayed from side to side.... no alarm but the hazard lights flashed for 20 seconds.

Great to find out when it’s too late 😞

I’ve just looked in fleebay to see if anyone was selling away stickers that say this car has no CAT or a boy racer “de-CAT” sticker but can’t find one. I’d beat the pain of getting pulled over a few times and the police checking and I’d explain the reasoning for such a sticker. Would be happy for them to check it’s still there 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rayrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2019, 13:10   #12
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

https://youtu.be/wj3TZLiier4

Just look for stolen catalytic converter on you tube. It is scary how quickly and brazen they are. I wonder if you twisted the jack handle whilst there was scum.under it would you get 'done'? Cover your hands with the cuff off your jumper as you twist perhaps.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2019, 13:59   #13
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

I am a great believer in, if you on my property, touching my property, vandalising my property, or doing anything that you shouldn't be doing to my property then you have given me free reign to protect my property with any force I feel appropriate to make sure you stop doing what you shouldn't.

I agree with the "faulty jack" syndrome, and oops looks like you have fell repeatedly onto the business end of my wheel brace.

Unfortunately our police force find it easier to fine someone for going 2 mph over the speed limit, or having their car idling for too long, but when it comes down to actually doing some actual work to prevent or discourage then "we" the law abiding citizen are on our own.

And hold on to your socks if you actually say something that offends someone!

What ever happened to sticks and stone may break my bones but calling names cant hurt me?
What offends someone may not offend someone else. It's subjective.

Stealing on the other hand, shouldn't that be a clear enough crime?

Sorry, rant over.

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2019, 19:03   #14
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post

Stealing on the other hand, shouldn't that be a clear enough crime?
You would think so, there was a program on recently, one of those Police chasing scrote's around the countryside.

They caught the guy and his accomplice after they had been given the run around for an hour. In the stolen car were some stolen goods from a supermarket still with labels on and at the end of the program apparently they were released for ''insufficient evidence''!!!!!!. Is it me? What do the Police need these days? A written confession? As most of these scrota's cant probably write that is never going to happen.

As has been said earlier they will prosecute the minor offender for minor speeding offences or parking a couple of inches over a yellow line but the real criminals are let loose to reap havoc on our hard earned property.

A customer of mine had his outboard motor stolen from his boat, they used a chainsaw to remove it and as a consequence the boat is probably a write off, they caught the thief trying to sell the motor on Ebay including the bit of the boat it was still attached too and it has been returned, the thief has received a caution. My customer will get no compensation as the outboard has been returned. He will have to claim on his insurance and we know what will happen to that at the next renewal. The Police told him to take out a private claim on the thief.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2019, 19:04   #15
john116
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

What goes on in the UK? Never heard of anything like this? :-(
john116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2019, 20:02   #16
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Its not just criminal gangs that steal the valuable cat inerds, my old freelander went for its first MOT after we returned from military service in Italy and was told it failed on emissions. Upon closer inspection, my local garage said that my cat was completely hollow and all the expensive metals had been removed. It could have only been our local 'trusted' mechanic that removed the parts!!
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2019, 20:57   #17
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
You would think so, there was a program on recently, one of those Police chasing scrote's around the countryside.

They caught the guy and his accomplice after they had been given the run around for an hour. In the stolen car were some stolen goods from a supermarket still with labels on and at the end of the program apparently they were released for ''insufficient evidence''!!!!!!. Is it me? What do the Police need these days? A written confession?
Its not the Police who make the decision to prosecute. The evidence is handed to the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) and they make the decision.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 16:00   #18
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by john116 View Post
What goes on in the UK? Never heard of anything like this? :-(
Unfortunately, these days things like this go on all over the country.

I personally could tell you 3 things that I have been involved with where our "boys in blue" have given the impression that it's easier to "let it go" rather than get involved, or on the flip side, come down heavy handed on something that was easy to " deal with " rather than do something which would involve some real police work.

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 20:19   #19
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Police obviously didn’t want to know but I’ve told them I’ll be protecting my own property and will use force where needed! An extendable wheel brace from Halford now adapted with a metal ball welded on the end... if I do catch the little f@£ers they won’t be driving off but more crawling in pain
You have just made yourself an "offensive weapon".
Any article made, adapted or intended for use for causing injury to the person....as the definition goes.
If you are stopped with such an impliment in the boot of your car how are you going to explain its purpose? Same with a baseball bat with nails through it, an item that has been adapted from its normal state for no legitimate purpose or explanation is going to be assumed to be an offensive weapon.
Now if you just had the extendable wheel brace in the boot of your car, thats different, perfectly logical legitimate reason for having that, unless of course its not in the boot of your car but its in your hand at 3am outside a pub and your car is nowhere to be seen....

Dont get yourself into bother over the head of scumbags.

Thought it used to be 4x4 s that were targeted for this where the thief could easily get under one to get at the cat, now theyre going to the trouble of jacking ordinary cars up to get at them?

Last edited by Discofan; 4th November 2019 at 20:22.. Reason: adding sentence.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 20:28   #20
agw_01
Regular poster

MG ZT

The Prius seems to be a favourite of theirs aswell. One around the corner from me was done a couple of weeks ago.
agw_01 is offline   Reply With Quote