Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th February 2020, 15:25   #11
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

When the electricity grid gets overloaded (which it will, based on observations currently, which run close to the wire when the weather turns cold) the country will grind to a halt!
Old 4th February 2020, 16:19   #12
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

The VED system will need a complete overhaul before the banning of petrol and diesel vehicles. I can see a new VED taxation being phased in over the next 10 years, it will be interesting to see how its done.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 17:44   #13
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The National grid will never cope in its present state, that with houses being converted from gas to electric heating where do they think all this electricity is going to come from? More power stations will generate Carbon or are we going to cover the country in solar panels and the seas in windmills?

Maybe powercuts will be come normal?

My guess unless something happens to our national grid this policy will get delayed as the realisation they have created another problem.

What about all these aircraft in the air? Apparently B/A have announced they are going to be carbon neutral by 2050? What does that mean?

I was watching a program on Alaska the other week and they have had a Glacier receding for 150 or more years? If that is the case its not Carbon emissions that are causing the global warming. My guess is this is a natural phenomenon like ice ages.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 17:48   #14
kev-rev180
Avid contributor

mg ztt 190+

dont know the answer but how many people in the uk drive cars its a lot i think if we all got together as one we could have what ever petrol head govenment we liked
kev-rev180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 17:52   #15
kev-rev180
Avid contributor

mg ztt 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The National grid will never cope in its present state, that with houses being converted from gas to electric heating where do they think all this electricity is going to come from? More power stations will generate Carbon or are we going to cover the country in solar panels and the seas in windmills?

Maybe powercuts will be come normal?

My guess unless something happens to our national grid this policy will get delayed as the realisation they have created another problem.

What about all these aircraft in the air? Apparently B/A have announced they are going to be carbon neutral by 2050? What does that mean?

I was watching a program on Alaska the other week and they have had a Glacier receding for 150 or more years? If that is the case its not Carbon emissions that are causing the global warming. My guess is this is a natural phenomenon like ice ages.
i have a good freind that works in that trade as agrid planer he reckons that even if we had the capacity to turn all vehs electric he says there is not enough copper cable in the world to cope with the uks needs let alown the rest of the planet
kev-rev180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 18:01   #16
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev-rev180 View Post
i have a good freind that works in that trade as agrid planer he reckons that even if we had the capacity to turn all vehs electric he says there is not enough copper cable in the world to cope with the uks needs let alown the rest of the planet

Certainly not enough copper cable in the North East, it disappears at a phenomenal rate up here !!
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 18:19   #17
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
The VED system will need a complete overhaul before the banning of petrol and diesel vehicles. I can see a new VED taxation being phased in over the next 10 years, it will be interesting to see how its done.
Road Tolling, where you will be billed for every mile driven plus additional charges for driving at peak hours or when driving through congested areas or any area where local councils want to reduce private car usage.

And insurance companies would like it too, so they can bill you for driving through accident black spots or driving late at night.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 18:46   #18
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
When the electricity grid gets overloaded (which it will, based on observations currently, which run close to the wire when the weather turns cold) the country will grind to a halt!
Why do you think there has been so much effort in getting everyone on an electric 'monitoring' meter? According to many online sources (I think Martin lewis is one) that state that these wifi meters will be able to allow electricity companies to remotely 'control' our electric supply when demand becomes too great. Black outs will become the norm if you have these devices (we dont) !!
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 19:24   #19
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Climate change is a cover story! period!
all we are doing is moving the tailpipe smoke to the power stations, GB grid is at 97% now. all those teatime plug ins its going to crash... this is about money money money as ABBA once said.

2035 is not far away, i have just bought my dream Jaguar and it will the last brand new car i buy to run alongside my old R75.

After that second hand bangers why, im not investing in another brand new car to be told its out of date , date!!! and cant be used

this is going to cost thousands of jobs,no joke!! classic car industry is just the start, Engineering, manufacturers , car plants, interior designers, the list goes on...... the climate story is just that a story, they drilled down in the Antarctic 4 miles down and the ice revealed the PPM parts per million pollution then, today its around 380 PPM. 700,000 years ago kind of thing it was nearly 600PPM.
I dont remember seeing a Ford cortina around then running on 4 star!! its all bull, full throttle. However its the beginning of the end and not only will we have CCTV control and card control money control.... now electronically car control.. horrible freedoms are all going but why?

Climate is a con, no doubt about Orsen Wells was right back in 1984.
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 21:17   #20
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

What about HGVs and buses? Never hear much about them? And the rare earths to make these wunnerful batteries we're all going to need? I believe China has bought up most of those already.