Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th February 2020, 12:20   #11
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

You have to realize that they are mostly licensed drivers, qualified to act as idiots.

I think the problem with the "spare space" car park is that most of them cannot use white lines, but need a physical shape to guide them in.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 13:03   #12
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Rovers and MGs are magnetic!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 12th February 2020, 13:21   #13
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

I personally think it is about instructor who teaches park and drive in modern generation so many times you can see how bad they teach and instead make people learn more they just give a licence. And obviously older people loosing they concentration and obility fill the car do some damage not even realise about. One think about second part it's we all be there
Old 12th February 2020, 13:26   #14
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The thought occurs, and I'm sure a leccy wizard on here could make and sell this, that an external proximity alarm would do the job. Louder than the existing reverse doodah and giving 360 degree perimeter with a 2/3 foot radius warning zone. It could even activate hazards and flashing headlights. I'd have one if available. £50/60 quid?
Old 12th February 2020, 13:28   #15
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZ View Post
I personally think it is about instructor who teaches park and drive in modern generation so many times you can see how bad they teach and instead make people learn more they just give a licence. And obviously older people loosing they concentration and obility fill the car do some damage not even realise about. One think about second part it's we all be there
A valiant effort, well done and thank you.
Old 12th February 2020, 14:08   #16
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
The thought occurs, and I'm sure a leccy wizard on here could make and sell this, that an external proximity alarm would do the job. Louder than the existing reverse doodah and giving 360 degree perimeter with a 2/3 foot radius warning zone. It could even activate hazards and flashing headlights. I'd have one if available. £50/60 quid?
These already exist (alhough not at that price methinks). When I was stationed in Naples, our shopping visits to the local US base was often interrupted by rapping car alarms that went off when you got a tadge too close (ie 1-2ft)!!
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 15:04   #17
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

I used to work at a car storage compound for a large French car manufacturer, we unloaded railway carriages and parked cars dropped off by transporters, we were taught to park in a manner that stopped vehicles from getting damaged and that was to reverse into a parking space with the drivers side as close to the white line as possible and the front of the car level with the front of the parking box, this worked and few cars were damaged due to doors being opened onto a car , if everyone parked in this manner things would be easier.
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 16:18   #18
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Now if you buy a Yellow car then you attract the idiots like wasps around a honey pot. Last week I parked up in a large car park in Fowey. It was fairly empty but I parked far away. Came back to find the car park was still virtually empty except for a Red Corsa which was parked very close to my drivers door.

Sometime ago, again I parked in the corner of a supermarket car park. When I returned there was a huge 4x4 parked next to Banana and the woman driver had put her handbag on my bonnet whilst she loaded her shopping up into her wagon. The handbag had chains and key’s hanging off of it. I lifted it up carefully and gave the bag to the woman and asked why she had done it. Her reply was “but I always do that saves me bending. No one else has ever complained. I’ll report you for being so rude”. Needless to say but I heard no more.
If that had been my car Her bag and keys would have gone over the nearest hedge

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 16:39   #19
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

When I was at work in ancient times, I used to deal with a Volvo Dealer in Birmingham. There used to be a car parked up the ramp towards the Road, that when anything went to close to it, a voice used to say:- ‘Be aware this car is immobilised and is in contact to the nearest police station. Stand back. Stand back.’ Then the alarm would sound and the horn sound. I would imagine that anyone within 400 yards would hear the alarm and horn going off. It really was so loud.
Old 12th February 2020, 18:51   #20
swifty62
Avid contributor

MG ZT

if I have to use a super market,i always park in a wide bay, that is for families with young children,i dont care what others think, that is what I do, and up to now,i have not had any dents or scrapes.
swifty62 is offline   Reply With Quote