Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th June 2019, 14:10   #1
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Default Intercooler, radiator, fan replacement.

Hello chaps,

Isn't it annoying when a small job snowballs into a major one?

I had a very enjoyable morning a couple of weekends back with MarinaBrian, for a 160 upgrade and also a bit of a healthcheck. One thing that was flagged up was a lack of manifold pressure so today I took the bumper and passenger headlight off to take a look at what was happening.

Initialy I thought it was just that the plastic elbow wasn't seated properly on the top intercooler pipe, however, try as I might I couldn't get it to align properly - the top O-ring was always some way proud of the plastic intercooler flange and it wasn't sitting square.

Long story short, when the car was involved in a RTA that damaged the front right-hand corner, I hadn't noticed that it had also pushed the lower right hand corner of the radiator back by about an inch and also deformed the intercooler.

It looks like the fan cowling is also slightly deformed because the fan has caught on it which seems to have burnt out the new resistor that I fitted to it last year.

I think I probably need to go to a scrapper and take the whole radiator, fan and intercooler assembly from a scrap car to be sure that everything's OK.

This seems to explain the oily mess that's accumulating on that side of the intercooler, too, if it's cracked and leaking boost.

Is there anything likely to make acquiring the spare parts and fitting them a pain? Hopefully with the bumper removed in the scrapper, I can get access to all the fixing points and unbolt everything.

Cheers for now :-)
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote