Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd April 2019, 20:22   #1
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

Default Rare Factory duotone Estate SOLD!

Hi all

SOLD! Duo has a new home

Long time since I have had time to post

My Duotone 75 Factory produced Estate needs a new home! I have just not got enough time to finish her off and she needs to be taken on and brought to brilliant fruition!

This is I think a unique car. Factory Duotone Chagall Blue over Silver. Fantastic looking. And incredibly good condition bodily. No rust at all and fully waxoyled bodywork.

I have done allot of work but I know in my heart I will never finish the job as work is just too intense. I want it to go to an enthusiast and for the lovely lady to make it to show standards and live forever!

OK jobs done. Fixed the sunroof leaks. Replaced the fan with a Jules Revotech kit. Replaced the VIS motors. New engine mounts (and undertray). Changed coolant, fluids and ATF. Polished the Xenons. Got the light washers operational. Fitted a Radioguy unit (see pictures). Put in a genuine PPD wooden dash and embossed head rests. Wheels in great condition with new all season Cooper tyres. New caps. Genuine Rover chrome door handle inserts. New filters (air pollen etc). New sensors in the incoming air control valve revs now uniform. New door door black door trims to replace originals that were rusty.

I have drilled and grooved discs and EBC pads to go on which I have not yet fitted.

I have not had enough time to finish. So things to do. ABS sensor and speedo not working (so likely need for front wheel sensor). Handbrake light on so likely wire disconnect when refitting carpet. Horn US. If you fill the car up to max some fuel leaks out. I suspect someone has been fiddling with the tank pumps but have not checked it out. Probably most significant is although the owner said the Cam belts were done I have no evidence so was planning to do this. I have thermostat and various genuine parts in stock but not the belts. Needs a new headlining due to some water damage from a leaky sunroof prior to my ownership.

Clearly this does not sound brilliant but look at the pics its a lovely car. If I was not so busy I would do the work but the reality is two and a half years in I have not done anything. She is stored in our wonderful experimental solar powered shed so there is no rush but I would love her to move on to pastures new and be brought to life!

PM me if you have a trailer and can collect or want to reserve. I can keep her safe for anyone for any length of time. Just not allowing a breaking for spares!

She is a beauty. Due to the rarity and brilliant body condition I am looking at £400 to £500.

thanks

Dave

https://oi1294.photobucket.com/album...psqbq79hxa.jpg

Last edited by ProfDave; 24th April 2019 at 20:11.. Reason: Duo sold!
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:37   #2
ProfDave
This is my second home

Default #fail2

Old 23rd April 2019, 20:42   #3
ProfDave
This is my second home

Default Fffffffffff

Old 23rd April 2019, 20:45   #4
ProfDave
This is my second home

Default Soooooooooooooo big

Old 23rd April 2019, 20:50   #5
ProfDave
This is my second home

Default soo sooooooo BIG

Old 23rd April 2019, 20:53   #6
ProfDave
This is my second home

Default sorry about the HUGE pictures

Clearly my Brunel computer skills are somewhat limiting the functionality of the pictures!!