Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st February 2012, 11:37   #1
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Default "Bathrobe locking" operation

This thread made me wonder if my car has this option enabled, and also how it worked.

Did a few tests and found this:-
  • Spare key in ignition, door shut, try to lock with blipper on other key and get a horn chirp and car won't lock
  • Spare key in ignition, engine running, try to lock with blipper on other key and nothing happens (no horn chirp, and no locking)
  • Spare key in ignition, engine running, try to lock with other key manually and it does lock, but no warning
Is this correct operation?
Old 1st February 2012, 11:46   #2
andyg2011
This is my second home

no mg/rover ATM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_dave&gill View Post
This thread made me wonder if my car has this option enabled, and also how it worked.

• Spare key in ignition, door shut, try to lock with blipper on other key and get a horn chirp and car won't lock
  • Spare key in ignition, engine running, try to lock with blipper on other key and nothing happens (no horn chirp, and no locking)
  • Spare key in ignition, engine running, try to lock with other key manually and it does lock, but no warning
yes thats what i do use the key manually not the blipper and you are setting the alarm with the blipper

therefore you have to use key manually

hope it helps

so
Spare key in ignition, engine running, lock with other key manually and thats how you do it, but no warning is right

just be carefullllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Please click below for nano website and 2014 dates etc etc
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/i...nocard_sig.jpg

Thanks

Andy
andyg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 11:55   #3
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Cheers!

Probably won't use it anyway, but nice to know it works!
Old 1st February 2012, 15:05   #4
vitesse-chris
Gets stuck in

Megane RS F1 R26

Quote:

I have found that mine locks when the car is running by pressing the button on my spare fob. Best thing to do is to get it on a T4 as it sounds like it may not be active.
vitesse-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 15:35   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

OP's post is correct operation for the bathrobe locking when it is NOT enabled, To allow you to lock the car with the second key fob button whilst the car is running the bathrobe locking needs to be activated.

We did a lot of trial and error stuff with this when we tried (and failed) not get round the security for remote keyless starting

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 16:36   #6
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
OP's post is correct operation for the bathrobe locking when it is NOT enabled, To allow you to lock the car with the second key fob button whilst the car is running the bathrobe locking needs to be activated.

We did a lot of trial and error stuff with this when we tried (and failed) not get round the security for remote keyless starting
So are you saying then Dave, that the only difference is that with BRL enabled it's possible to lock the car with the blip and the key, with it not enabled it's key only?

(and, I guess, once you can lock with the blip, then the alarm is activated too?)
Old 1st February 2012, 18:49   #7
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:

Thats exactly the same as how mine works
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 19:41   #8
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
So are you saying then Dave, that the only difference is that with BRL enabled it's possible to lock the car with the blip and the key, with it not enabled it's key only?

(and, I guess, once you can lock with the blip, then the alarm is activated too?)
Seem to remember that without it enabled you can lock it with the second key whilst the engine is running but it locks the drivers door only, so if the others are open they stay open. Having the BRL enabled then allows you to lock with the remote and it locks all the doors

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 22:00   #9
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Seem to remember that without it enabled you can lock it with the second key whilst the engine is running but it locks the drivers door only, so if the others are open they stay open. Having the BRL enabled then allows you to lock with the remote and it locks all the doors
Yes this is right.

As one press of remote only unlocks drivers door on mine this is fine otherwise while in car press the centrel locking button and then use the drivers handle to unlock just the drivers door.
If you turn the key the wrong way instead of locking the drivers door it unlocks all the doors too.
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 23:40   #10
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Quote:
That makes sense, as when I did my "test", I had only unlocked the drivers door!