Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th April 2012, 22:57   #11
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
It is all relevant to the history of the model Alan given this car is from the early days of the the 75

Some enthusiasts will pay more for an 'S' reg which has been looked after as well as it has been. Being positive, I would have put it up for a higher price with a lower price in mind for negotiations.

I hope the price you have up, is reached and whoever buys AOX will be in for a treat

Nicely presented.
Don´t know if it is relavant or not. Just my job makes me try and get the facts/terminology right. Next to the prototypes (that have all gone) the pre-production ones are nearly just as interesting as they were put together on the line when the line was being formed and tested. The last changes in -equipment- were tested/thought out under the pre-production run of cars. When they thought they had got it all sorted the line was -locked- if you like and the work force new exactly what was to go where. The cars were deemed -finished- if you like, and the linerattled them all off (as it were). So the pre-prod ones I like to think were more thought of as -individuals-.... changing components, trying last minute things if there was a hitch in the line. Which makes them a bit special. I think I´m the right person for the one I managed to get as I think this type of thing is really intriguing.

Done quite a bit of -reserch- into old caravans and the companies that made them. Interviewed the owners/founders of companies such as KABE which is a large manufacturer of vans here. Even the employees of firms that started in the 40s. Culture History. Must stop highjacking, profuse appologies
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 19:35   #12
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Many thanks to mh007, Roverowner, scooterchick, Rabett_Rover, CMWI, Gate Keeper for all the kind comments and wishes. I certainly hope that the car gets sold to a member of this Forum if at all possible. Those that have seen it in the flesh all agree that it is excellent and likely to be a future investment
Badgertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 20:24   #13
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

If only I had the money...Sigh.

I must say that I much prefer the early ones complete with crowns and all the little details that the later ones missed out on. Even though mine is battered to death I still am glad all the bits have survived.
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 20:36   #14
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Perhaps the owner of OVP could read this & realise what can be done with old examples & with a bit of their own money & love

Last edited by suzublu; 18th April 2012 at 20:49..
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 10:46   #15
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Perhaps the owner of OVP could read this & realise what can be done with old examples & with a bit of their own money & love
Indeed. I would sell it to a member who would look after it and get it -ship shape- (although of course alot of stalwart work have been done on it). Stipulation would be that the new owner would sell it (cost) to the next -in line- to look after, if they found they hadn´t the time or money. Of course only an opinion. Up to the person-s who own it to dispose of it as they see fit. This club being at least half -nostalgia.... last Rovers made after 100 years of trying- then to hand it down through the members would seem a reasonable idea. Then we could see about getting it into a museum with a nice large monitor showing it´s -checkered- history.....

Highjack again
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 21:35   #16
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Good luck with the sale Anthony.

I have a few nice Pics of AOX when she was here, some outside and some in the workshop if you need?

Good luck
Jules

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 06:53   #17
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Jules

That's very good of you - yes please! I will also try and upload some further photos but anything you can upload would be appreciated. As indicated above I really want this car to stay within the Owners Club (if at all possible) so any input and additional information from anyone on this Forum is a good thing. I have had plenty of positive comments about the car - Cheers
Old 21st April 2012, 09:03   #18
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Here are a few more photographs showing the engine bay and interior
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2134.jpg (125.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2129.jpg (135.0 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2132.jpg (126.9 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2130.jpg (135.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2126.jpg (140.1 KB, 108 views)
Old 21st April 2012, 09:11   #19
rotrex
Passed Away

mg zt cdti se 150+. mg ztt 190 lpg. rover 75 cdt club se.

very nice old girl is it my eyes or are the h/rests not the early embossed type ? also would have been nice to have dubble piped seats.
not slating the car in any way btw just my observations tam.
rotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 09:51   #20
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

Very nice car I hope this one is kept inside the club, good luck with the sale this car could also join the S Reg photo shoot being planned
Anthony & Maricel is offline   Reply With Quote