Notices

Old 12th November 2007, 16:48   #21
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by collit View Post
Ah, of course. Robbin' bu@@ers.
If you visit a website called 'moneysavingexpert.com' they used to have a magic number you typed in first which then reversed the charges to all 0870 0845 numbers...not sure if its still there.
Old 12th November 2007, 16:51   #22
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Very often this site will give a freephone or at least an alternative national number:-

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 16:54   #23
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Very often this site will give a freephone or at least an alternative national number:-

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
ahhh...that the link I was searching for....as I remember Martin whatsisface got arrested for publicising the reverse charge number...but was never convicted of anything...he is a bit of a fruit&nut, but the tips on his sites are brilliant.
Old 12th November 2007, 18:45   #24
podge
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

Just out of interest, I havn't seen many if any black Tourers, was this not a popular colour?
podge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 19:54   #25
andy
Avid contributor

ZT-T cdti automatic

Theres a very dark Zt-t on ebay at the moment, it's not far from end of auction
Andy
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 10:32   #26
podge

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

Does anyone know if the colour code JGA is a dark midnight blue?, and when comparing a Club to a Club SE is the only real difference in the a/c and type of alloy wheels?, as I would be keeping the car for 200,000ish I'm thinking is there less to go wrong long term with normal a/c as against climate control or is there really a difference? as for the wheels, if I upgraded from standard to say serpent, if they are a different diameter is that going to affect speedo reading? sorry for all these questions, but I am still an "R75Virgin" so to speak!
Old 13th November 2007, 11:50   #27
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

JGA is listed as Odyssey Pearl (really helpful).
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 12:29   #28
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by podge View Post
Does anyone know if the colour code JGA is a dark midnight blue?, and when comparing a Club to a Club SE is the only real difference in the a/c and type of alloy wheels?, as I would be keeping the car for 200,000ish I'm thinking is there less to go wrong long term with normal a/c as against climate control or is there really a difference? as for the wheels, if I upgraded from standard to say serpent, if they are a different diameter is that going to affect speedo reading? sorry for all these questions, but I am still an "R75Virgin" so to speak!
As far as Air con goes, this is what was fitted at launch

Classic - Basic heater only
Classic SE* - Basic heater and manual air con (what I have and works ok)
Club and Club SE* - automatic climate control
Connoisseur and Connoisseur SE* - ditto

(* the SE: Special edition/ equipment takes you half way to the spec level above, so Classic SE is half way between Classic and Club more or less)

The air con bits and pieces, the compressor, drier, evaporator etc are the same regardless, it's just the control that is different. The climate has automatic control of the temperature in the car so you just dial in the temperature you require and the system activates the heater or air con appropriately to maintain the temperature, within the limits of the system. On my car (Classic SE), when it gets too hot, you hit the air con button and when it gets too cold, you turn it off!

I seem to remember hearing that the Club had the climate deleted and replaced with manual air con much later in production (Project Drive). Have a look, if it has buttons and digital display, it is climate and if it is rotary dials, with buttons beneath it is poor mans air con!!

I think the only climate control related issue i have heard of on here is the occasional divertor flap sticking or the servo motor packing up. The refrigeration machinery bit i.e the source of the cold air, is the same whichever system you have.

To be honest, it hasn't really bothered me other than the envy bit, as this is by far the poshest car I have owned, and all my previous didn't have air con in any case. The air con will still require periodic maintenance and charging whichever system you have.

The wheels shouldn't make any difference as the profile of the tyre is lower for the larger diameter wheels so good as damit, the rolling circumference should be the same.

Last edited by EnEnGee; 13th November 2007 at 15:23..
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 23:30   #29
podge

The fog is starting to clear a bit now! what with clubs,classics connie not to mention se,s.I am going to look at a plain club tomorow(sounds like a biscuit!........sorry) and it has apparently done only 24000 on an 03 plate, a guy I know in the trade says be wary that such a low mileage on a nearly 5 year old diesel might be cause for concern? coked up etc. I am not so sure, a few good blasts down the M3 should clear that I would have thought, from a dealer and going to offer a lot les than asking and wait and see.Will stop rambling on now as just got infrom work(00.30am), will keep you all posted............thanks for all this info guys.Peter.
Old 14th November 2007, 06:31   #30
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

whether it be a cause for concern or not, the only thing you can be sure of is that the lower mileage will force the selling price up. I personally don't like paying extra for uncertainty...
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote