Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th March 2008, 17:59   #21
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

My second-hand FBH arrived today . As I mentioned elsewhere, I got it from here: https://www.partsgateway.co.uk/my/de...90_10780083905.

The guy's name is Andy and I found him very helpful. He has a few more of these is anyone is interested.

Here is what I got:
  • FBH
  • Air intake
  • Exhause - but no muffler. Is the muffler really needed?
  • loom with plugs. Not really needed as my car has these but good to have as a spare.
  • A few hoses & clips

Total cost, including all carriage and repairs by Keith (thanks Keith ) was a shade over £200. A kit with the intake/exhaust would probably cost over £400, so I'm a happy camper.

Now just waiting on the fuel pump from eBay.de.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 18:07   #22
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Thanks for the post Eamonn, when I spoke to Andy to order mine, all he said that he had as the FBH unit and the exhaust pipe, no hoses or the wiring loom ECT. that you have got.

I am waiting to see if the unit arrived with Keith today and what the out come his tests will be, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this one is working.

Please let us know how you got on with the install, if any extra bits are need.

regards
Tony

Last edited by tony_fry; 13th March 2008 at 18:10..
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 18:18   #23
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
when I spoke to Andy to order mine, all he said that he had as the FBH unit and the exhaust pipe, no hoses or the wiring loom ECT. that you have got.
You don't really need the hoses or loom, Tony, but no harm to have them anyway.

I think the air intake & exhaust pipe are about £40 for both. The muffler, which I didn't get and AFAIK was never an OEM fit anyway, is about £25ish on eBay.

After examining my car, the only extra thing I need is the fuel pump. I'm sure yours is the same.

Best of luck with your unit from Rover Breakers. How did you find Andy to deal with?

Old 13th March 2008, 18:23   #24
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Hi, the exhaust doesn't really need a silencer it's not that loud at least you know its working. Most of the noise is made by the fan and built in waterpump and the exhaust silencer won't help in that respect.
The amount of noise is similar to a blowlamp set on a fairly low flame which is basically what the FBH is. If you decide it's too noisey you can easily fit the silencer later.

Good luck with the Retrofit you'll certainly be happier with the cars heating once fitted.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 18:26   #25
tony_fry

BMW I3

I found Andy to be helpful, and very prompt on sending the unit out, his feed back on Parts Gateway seems to be good. it doesn't look like any has complained about the items that they have brought from him.

I am quite lucky with the fuel pump when I brought the 1st unit I did ask him to include it and id did come with the exhaust pipe. So hopefully all I will have to buy is the sensor ( or sensors it shows two on the instructions I downloaded from the forum.

But do let us know how it goes in the install.
Old 13th March 2008, 18:28   #26
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
I found Andy to be helpful, and very prompt on sending the unit out, his feed back on Parts Gateway seems to be good. it doesn't look like any has complained about the items that they have brought from him.

I am quite lucky with the fuel pump when I brought the 1st unit I did ask him to include it and id did come with the exhaust pipe. So hopefully all I will have to buy is the sensor ( or sensors it shows two on the instructions I downloaded from the forum.

But do let us know how it goes in the install.
Are you sure that you haven't got the sensor already on board? I think this is it on my car: .

Old 13th March 2008, 18:32   #27
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
Are you sure that you haven't got the sensor already on board? I think this is it on my car: .
MMM. I don't recall seeing them before, once I finally get my car back from the garage (been told the replacement key will arrive next Wednesday) and if they car get the car started!!! I will have a look to see, I don't even know if the wiring is in place yet.
Old 13th March 2008, 18:41   #28
CDTi
This is my second home

May car was one of the last to be made in early 2005, so I would think that whatever is on mine should be on all previous models. Famous last works :lol:.

I got a Rover memo from Gary (Lovel) that states that all wiring/piping should be in place, so I would be very hopeful that it will be for you also.

I have found a use for my spare loom - it can be dismantled and the wires inserted into the connector in the car for parking heater connections:

Paul (Raistlin) sent me on some of the little connectors anyway, but this is easier :lol:

Old 13th March 2008, 18:45   #29
tony_fry

BMW I3

Mines a 2003, but I guess I will just have to wait and see if the bit and pieces are in place, I am sure when I was checking under the car when I brought it I had seen a fuel pump under the O/S rear wheel arch, but again I will have to wait
Old 13th March 2008, 20:01   #30
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

I agree that the exhaust noise is not intrusive when used without the silencer.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote