Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th May 2016, 17:33   #21
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Well mine lasted less than 24 hours. After installing yesterday and all good set off this morning to the Whitby meet and all was well, Carole even bluetoothed her phone to it and played some music so all good. Parked up at the meet point and when I started the car to set off screen was blank, touchscreen was still working and radio was on but with a blank screen you have had it. thought it must be something I've done but I tried all sorts, pressing the "reset" button made no difference disconnected it altogether and tried again but no luck, the "welcome" message appears then it goes blank.
Bummer, now I know I'll get all the "you get what you pay for" comments but the jury is still out. I have just contacted the seller so we'll see what happens. Watch this space. Hopefully we'll get it sorted.
As it wasn't yet a permanent install I still had the old Harmony cassette thingy in the car so was able to stick that back in, good job I didn't strip the CD player out.

Blackrose
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 18:47   #22
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
Well mine lasted less than 24 hours. After installing yesterday and all good set off this morning to the Whitby meet and all was well, Carole even bluetoothed her phone to it and played some music so all good. Parked up at the meet point and when I started the car to set off screen was blank, touchscreen was still working and radio was on but with a blank screen you have had it. thought it must be something I've done but I tried all sorts, pressing the "reset" button made no difference disconnected it altogether and tried again but no luck, the "welcome" message appears then it goes blank.
Bummer, now I know I'll get all the "you get what you pay for" comments but the jury is still out. I have just contacted the seller so we'll see what happens. Watch this space. Hopefully we'll get it sorted.
As it wasn't yet a permanent install I still had the old Harmony cassette thingy in the car so was able to stick that back in, good job I didn't strip the CD player out.

Blackrose
Oh No! thats not good.

My two are still ok at the moment (touch wood), been 8 days in the ZT, and 3 days in SWMBO Galaxy.

Hoping you may have a faulty unit Steve, lets hope the seller plays ball and sends you a replacement without any fuss (otherwise open up a Item not as Described Case).

The good thing is... The seller is selling several models of 2 din units, and I dont see any negative feedback. There are loads of sellers selling the 7010B, 7012B and 7018B models on ebay, many have them priced between £40 and £50, still not seen any negative feedback regarding the product.

Lets hope yours is a one off, even the more expensive units still suffer malfunction regarding screens etc. I'm just hoping I'm not right behind you and posting in a few days with two more gone T*TS UP.

Lets us know how you get on Steve.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 19:22   #23
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks Wes, will keep you posted. Thing is I'd much rather a £35 unit go faulty than a £350 one, like you say might just be a fluke. I'd still get another. There was an option on the screen for bright / nightmode and off it seems as if it's off and won't come back.

Blackrose
Old 8th May 2016, 19:33   #24
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Thanks Wes, will keep you posted. Thing is I'd much rather a £35 unit go faulty than a £350 one, like you say might just be a fluke. I'd still get another. There was an option on the screen for bright / nightmode and off it seems as if it's off and won't come back.

Blackrose
These units seem to have a start-up process, the 'Welcome' screen loads first, then the MP5 or your own 'Logo Screen' loads second. It sounds like yours is stuck loading from the 'Welcome' screen.

You said you pressed the 'Reset' switch, do you have a SD card or USB stick inserted. If so... you could try removing them, or you could try inserting one and see if that wakes the unit up (insert an SD card or memory stick before you power up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by meterman66 View Post
Hi

I've just ordered 1 of these units and looking forward to receiving it soon.

I was wondering if you could tell me how you get the Rover MG logo on the unit and also if it is there all the time when the unit is powered up.

I'm going the whole hog and getting a reversing cam too.

Thanks

Col
You can load your own image, or download one from the internet. Drag and drop the file onto a Micro SD card (create a new folder if you wish). View the image under the 'Photo Menu' and set as 'Logo', the chosen image is then your background and your start-up screen.

Last edited by Dallas; 8th May 2016 at 20:18..
Old 9th May 2016, 07:09   #25
kbonney88
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Tourer & 75 Saloons

well.. if they prove to be reliable then they are definitely worth thinking about if on a budget.. and they do seem to do a model with a higher screen resolution..
kbonney88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 12:57   #26
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester12g View Post
Cracking blonde in the pics - does she come with it?
Yes she certainly fills what she is wearing!!!!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 13:10   #27
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Hi Wes - these look really good!

Any chance of my popping round to have a look at how it works? (I'm an analogue man in a digital world........)

KR

Clive
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 13:17   #28
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Hi Wes - these look really good!

Any chance of my popping round to have a look at how it works? (I'm an analogue man in a digital world........)

KR

Clive
Certainly Clive, you are more than welcome.
PM sent.
Old 9th May 2016, 15:54   #29
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Well gents, good news and bad news. The good news is the unit is now working again. The bad news is I don't know why

I had a response from the seller asking me to send him a quick video of the problem. Switched it on, blank screen, then after about two minutes the screen came back on. Everything working OK.

So installed it back in, even removed the CD from the glovebox.

The only thing I've noticed different is I had put a blackrose picture as the background, this has now disappeared, but this could be down to the resets, so I'm leaving the screensaver thing alone for a while.

So all is well,

Nearly tried the SWC but didn't want to push my luck.
On checking the cable SWC connections on the old Harmony unit neither of these are earthed to the unit. Someone must know how to connect things.
To be honest they are not really needed as all is very clear and easy to operate on the new unit, would be nice to have them working all the same.

Blackrose
Old 9th May 2016, 18:09   #30
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Well gents, good news and bad news. The good news is the unit is now working again. The bad news is I don't know why

I had a response from the seller asking me to send him a quick video of the problem. Switched it on, blank screen, then after about two minutes the screen came back on. Everything working OK.

So installed it back in, even removed the CD from the glovebox.

The only thing I've noticed different is I had put a blackrose picture as the background, this has now disappeared, but this could be down to the resets, so I'm leaving the screensaver thing alone for a while.

So all is well,

Nearly tried the SWC but didn't want to push my luck.
On checking the cable SWC connections on the old Harmony unit neither of these are earthed to the unit. Someone must know how to connect things.
To be honest they are not really needed as all is very clear and easy to operate on the new unit, would be nice to have them working all the same.

Blackrose
That is good to hear...

Your blackrose image would have disappeared due to the 'Reset'. Just set it back up again, try a smaller image size. Maybe the unit is having trouble loading the image on star-up (the file could be too large).