Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd October 2016, 09:52   #21
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

That's me just had my order confirmation, so as Dallas said just need to wait and see what happens next
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:21   #22
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Well, mine will turn up here in Spain on the 25th of October.

Guess I'd better order the iso adapter and face plate.

If this turns up and works I'll be incredibly happy. ( and surprised)

I'm a bit annoyed with myself for being sceptical...I really have no reason to be. I guess its just so cheap it cant be true. Still nothing ventured and all that.

A most excellent spot Dallas!
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:35   #23
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Have you a link to the ISO adaptor for this ?

Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:40   #24
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
Well, mine will turn up here in Spain on the 25th of October.

Guess I'd better order the iso adapter and face plate.

If this turns up and works I'll be incredibly happy. ( and surprised)

I'm a bit annoyed with myself for being sceptical...I really have no reason to be. I guess its just so cheap it cant be true. Still nothing ventured and all that.

A most excellent spot Dallas!
25th that will be good. Do you have a tracking number allocated to your order, I have two tracking numbers, and one order without.

I'm not sure about the shipping times, the fastest postal option is cheaper than the slower service, Express Expedited 3-4 Business Days 100% off (free).

I have one email with tracking being shipped via UPS with a time-frame of 10-20 business days.

Did anyone opt for the Duty and Tax insurance on their order?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:14   #25
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
25th that will be good. Do you have a tracking number allocated to your order, I have two tracking numbers, and one order without.

I'm not sure about the shipping times, the fastest postal option is cheaper than the slower service, Express Expedited 3-4 Business Days 100% off (free).

I have one email with tracking being shipped via UPS with a time-frame of 10-20 business days.

Did anyone opt for the Duty and Tax insurance on their order?
No tracking details yet, just an estimated delivery...

No to the extra insurance as well. I was going to buy the insurance but got trigger happy. Having said that, in the blurb it said it had warehouses in "Europe" so hopefully all will be OK.

If I remember correctly the actual import tax is only about 5-6%. The killer is the fee charged by the courier for collecting it. If I get a chance I'll try and dig out the article, think it was in the independent about 6 months ago. There was much consternation about the disparity between actual tax and the fee charged

Edit!! Sorry its a shipping date not a delivery date!!

Last edited by Daveluck; 23rd October 2016 at 11:18..
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:15   #26
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robti View Post

Thanks
I went for the one listed on the first page of the other 2 din thread
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:48   #27
dad1uk
Loves to post

No Rover at the moment = Vauxhall

Reading some reviews, there could be a tax and customs bill to pay on delivery. This does not happen all the time, only if the customs operative didn't score last night. Or that is the impression I got......
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:07   #28
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
No tracking details yet, just an estimated delivery...

No to the extra insurance as well. I was going to buy the insurance but got trigger happy. Having said that, in the blurb it said it had warehouses in "Europe" so hopefully all will be OK.

If I remember correctly the actual import tax is only about 5-6%. The killer is the fee charged by the courier for collecting it. If I get a chance I'll try and dig out the article, think it was in the independent about 6 months ago. There was much consternation about the disparity between actual tax and the fee charged

Edit!! Sorry its a shipping date not a delivery date!!
I would appear the advertised shipping time regarding said product is Free Express Expedited 3-4 business days as detailed on the listing page. Shipped via DHL, UPS, FedEx, or TNT, has an estimated 5 - 7 week day time-frame.

I think the product is being shipped from China warehouse location, otherwise it would indicate the North America or Europe warehouse option on the product page, sometimes you have a drop-down menu bar to select either warehouse location.

Regarding fees and charges, I think a charge of £11.00 or 2.5% of the total Duty and/or VAT incurred, whichever is the greater can be charged. Goods below £15 and above £34 is a grey area.

20% VAT may get charged on this car double din which would cost just £5.00, there should be no duty charge though. I've had many products arrive by RM before with no VAT or Duty charge.

For those who paid the Duty and Tax insurance during the checkout process will be fully reimburse any additional tax or duty fees that may have been incurred. You just need to login to your Lightinthebox.com account and go through the motions to claim it back.

Last edited by Dallas; 23rd October 2016 at 12:09..
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:11   #29
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Just checked on Pitney Bowes - https://www.dutycalculator.com/popul...or-car-stereo/

Duty is 14% and then vat added at the prevailing rate.

The possible slight fly in the ointment is whether or not these are CE marked. If not then they could be rejects by customs. Given the sheer scale of the business being done by the Chinese's I can't see this as a problem.

So in theory you could end up paying an extra £10 or so for custom charges and any fee for the courier to collect.

We will just have to wait and see.
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:48   #30
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robti View Post

Thanks
These units have the after-market 20pin plug connection, the unit will come with its own ISO loom with bare-wires at one end.

You will need...
Rover/BMW PC2-05-4 harness.

1: You will need to cut off the twin 'male' ISO plug end, keeping the 13/17pin BMW 'male' plug.

2: You will then need to join the corresponding colour cut wires to the already supplied DD lead using bullet connectors, or something similar.

3: Then just plug-in the 'male' 13/17pin Rover BMW plug into your cars 13/17pin 'female' harness plug.

OR... THIS...
I'm not 100% sure this has the correct 20pin plug, but it looks like it does. You will have to check the coloured wires to make sure all matches etc. The Rover/BMW PC2-05-4 lead would then just plug into the twin 'female' ISO plug end, and then into the cars original 13/17pin 'male' harness. You may still need to adapt the harness to accommodate the reverse camera and steering wheel controls, or just simply wire direct to the DD supplied loom.

Last edited by Dallas; 23rd October 2016 at 12:54..