Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2019, 12:34   #31
ROVER2003

Default Exporting My Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I don't think it will be easy to convert a RHD to LHD and that is if it is even possible

macafee2

The 75 has everything there just needs all the wiring replacing and interior as in the factory they wouldn't have two different shells and parts for me the hard jobs are easy as I've have always watched my dad or someone how to work on cars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ROVER2003; 26th April 2019 at 12:50..
Old 26th April 2019, 12:49   #32
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I bet you will forget all about Rovers once you get to the USA.

Jut think of all those big block Chevy and Mopar engines, proper V8 power and way more tuneable than anything Rover have made.

I don't think it'll be that easy when I use to get bullied I use to go in my old blue rover 75 and cry and just sit there as that's what I use to go to calm down I don't care if it's not registered to the road I just want the car to be with me everywhere I go rover cars are part of my life and my rover 75 is what makes me be who I am if it wasn't for my rover 75 I don't think I'll leave my room and yes I will get a Dodge Charger over there but I wouldn't be able to move without knowing it's on it's way on a ship and is on its ways so pretty much it's more of a emotional attachment

Old 26th April 2019, 21:14   #33
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
I don't think it'll be that easy when I use to get bullied I use to go in my old blue rover 75 and cry and just sit there as that's what I use to go to calm down I don't care if it's not registered to the road I just want the car to be with me everywhere I go rover cars are part of my life and my rover 75 is what makes me be who I am if it wasn't for my rover 75 I don't think I'll leave my room and yes I will get a Dodge Charger over there but I wouldn't be able to move without knowing it's on it's way on a ship and is on its ways so pretty much it's more of a emotional attachment

That's a very sobering post Thomas. Reading that I can understand why you would want to keep it near you - lots of emotions tied into your car.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 23:19   #34
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I remember many years ago a friend of mine converted a LHD Beetle into RHD.

He could not afford a new steering rack so simply turned it around so the steering column splines were on the right hand side.

only problem was that when you steered left the car went right and when you steered right the car went left !

He was very annoyed when the MOT guy failed it !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 23:39   #35
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
I remember many years ago a friend of mine converted a LHD Beetle into RHD.

He could not afford a new steering rack so simply turned it around so the steering column splines were on the right hand side.

only problem was that when you steered left the car went right and when you steered right the car went left !

He was very annoyed when the MOT guy failed it !
The reason I want to get a rover 75 from Spain or France and swap all the parts

Sent from my DUA-L22 using Tapatalk
Old 27th April 2019, 21:38   #36
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
That's a very sobering post Thomas. Reading that I can understand why you would want to keep it near you - lots of emotions tied into your car.

The car will never leave me again if i could have any car in the world and had to get rid of my cars my 75 would stay with and I'll have nothing else in my collection

Old 28th April 2019, 08:33   #37
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
I just looking for a left hand drive and putting it all on my 75 I know thes a lot in France and spain

The prices in France are very steep - you may be better off looking elsewhere.

The French version of gumtree https://www.leboncoin.fr/

I wouldn't worry about driving a rhd car in a lhd country. Some aspects of it are a pita, but you soon get used to the limitations and adapt your driving style accordingly. I live in France, and all 3 of my cars are lhd.

Last edited by ratchet; 28th April 2019 at 08:39..
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2019, 13:45   #38
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
The prices in France are very steep - you may be better off looking elsewhere.

The French version of gumtree https://www.leboncoin.fr/

I wouldn't worry about driving a rhd car in a lhd country. Some aspects of it are a pita, but you soon get used to the limitations and adapt your driving style accordingly. I live in France, and all 3 of my cars are lhd.
sorry about these late replies I'm just am really busy with my engineering coursework.

The prices looked to be about the same of what they are in uk i dont want to get one with the best body work i only want the interior out of one after it gets to the uk i would have to drive it to LA to get it register over there before its mot would run out