Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2019, 13:05   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Tepid food

I know the fast food type restaurants like self service carveries and places like Wetherspoons play a fine balancing act between hot food and it being stood / drying out, but does anyone else think this has gone too far, with food being served just barely warm?

I have always been a slow eater, so my enjoyment is spoiled by the last few morsels being cold. I like my food served hot and on a hot plate, to allow me plenty of time to enjoy it.

I have been in Wetherspoons a few times for breakfasts, at best I would call it served luke warm, once it was so cool I sent it back for a refund.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 13:12   #2
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I know the fast food type restaurants like self service carveries and places like Wetherspoons play a fine balancing act between hot food and it being stood / drying out, but does anyone else think this has gone too far, with food being served just barely warm?

I have always been a slow eater, so my enjoyment is spoiled by the last few morsels being cold. I like my food served hot and on a hot plate, to allow me plenty of time to enjoy it.

I have been in Wetherspoons a few times for breakfasts, at best I would call it served luke warm, once it was so cool I sent it back for a refund.

I do agree even when I'm on the way home from Birmingham or somewhere me and my dad stop and go to Burger King or McDonald's and the food cold nearly all the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 26th April 2019, 13:52   #3
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I guess you get what you pay for, I don't mind weatherspoons. had a few breakfasts in there, no bad ones spring to mind.

Not a fan of the carvery type places, lots of bland.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 14:42   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I guess you get what you pay for, I don't mind weatherspoons. had a few breakfasts in there, no bad ones spring to mind.

They do a good value breakfast, just not as hot as it ought to be.

I like my traditional Sunday dinners - a roast, Yorkie, mash, roast pots, cauliflower cheese, cabbage, carrots, plus another veg and lots of proper gravy. A new carvery opened last year, now they are offering 2x medium carveries for £10, so rarely a week goes by without it gets a visit from us - so two Sunday dinners in the week, we had one yesterday. We usually sit near the servery, so often see the chef checking the temperatures are within spec., but there idea of in spec. is my too cool.

Likewise another local pub we visit serves its 'made to order' food too cool. The only food they serve which is genuinely hot, is their 'sizzler' steaks/ gammon/ chicken served on a sizzling hot steel platter.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 26th April 2019, 14:43   #5
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post

No you shouldn't get what you pay for, if its luke warm send it back I cannot stand my food be any thing less than piping hot.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 16:11   #6
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It's a brave man that sends food back!
Old 26th April 2019, 16:39   #7
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
No you shouldn't get what you pay for
I'm afraid you do!

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 17:27   #8
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Wetherspoons are absolutely awful, particularly breakfasts. Don't think I've ever had a hot one, always send it back, and this happens all over the country in all their pubs.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 17:41   #9
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
Wetherspoons are absolutely awful, particularly breakfasts. Don't think I've ever had a hot one, always send it back, and this happens all over the country in all their pubs.

Don't agree with the awful, nothing wrong with the food apart from just not hot enough - they have it pre-cooked ready to serve, they just store it ready at too low a temperature, so it lasts longer without spoiling.

Old 26th April 2019, 21:28   #10
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I haven’t had one for ages so it may have changed but I used to really rate the Tesco “seven” breakfast - seven items for a few quid.

Lots of choice and they cooked the egg in front of you.

I put on llbs.............
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote