Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th March 2009, 23:41   #1
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Default Monogram Rover 75 tourer for sale.

Hi, I've decided that I'm going to sell the 75 as I need to raise some money for home improvements. SWMBO has declared she wants a kitchen NOW!! So my intention is to use my bike for a bit then buy another 75 at a later date. I quite fancy a Contemporary SE saloon. Which I will have to finance.
That is my reason for selling.

The car is a 2002 Connoisseur 2.5 litre V6 automatic with 73K on the clock painted Chromactive Spectre. The car interior is black leather and is very smart, there is a small square cut out of the climate control panel which I think is because it may of had a phone kit fitted at some point.
Outside is in good condition but when I bought it there was a dent in the o/s sill and a rust bubble on the n/s/r wheel arch. This was about the size of a penny piece and has been cut out and a good piece of metal fitted and looks great. There is a paint defect on the bonnet, o/s/f wing and the roof however everyone else I've tried to point this out to has been unable to see it. In some lights it is invisible and my girlfriend thinks I've gone mad.
The car was I think an EX MGR car and I've added up all the extras the car has and the car would have cost about £35000 when new!!
It has:
Satnav
Wood wheel,
torch,
Black memory leather,
Rain sensing wipers,
DVD player in roof, (Factory fit believe)
Cooled arm rest cubby,
Parking sensors,
Deattachable towbar, (I don't have the ball bit though)
Parking sensors,
Meteor alloys. (Some kerbing)
Xenons
I have fitted a new inlet manifold to this car.

The bad bits that again I would have sorted if being kept.
The front wishbone rear bushes will need replacing at some point but I will include the bushes with the car,
There is a whine from I think the A/C compressor, this isn't stopping the a/c from working and I will include a second hand compressor with the car,
The oil cooler has been disconnected at some point, it isn't causing any issues and I've no idea why it has been disconnected. I was going to get a new one but haven't got around to it yet.
There is a small leak from the autobox, I think from the front cover which looks to be only held on by 10 mm headed bolts and looks quite simple.
There is a vibration at a certain RPM which isn't causing any problems at the moment.
I think I've covered everything and want to be as honest as possible. I may have put people off but I would rather people are aware of everything I am.
Since owning it I have done very little to it really other than changing the oil and washing it! It is taxed until the end of April. I can't remember when the MOT runs out but I think its August.

I paid £4000 for it last year and since then I've bought a new inlet manifold and paid for the sill and wheel arch repair. It has been an expensive experience. I would like to get all my money back but as that is never going to happen I would like to ask £3900 for it.

Last edited by Phil; 8th March 2009 at 23:45.. Reason: Added a picture.
Old 8th March 2009, 23:46   #2
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Good luck selling it mate!
Old 8th March 2009, 23:50   #3
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Phil,

You're worse than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with the sale. However, why not finance the kitchen instead of a new car? Would you not be better taking out a loan for somthing that will add value to your house, instead of a car which will depreciate? If you own that car outright, you'd be mad to get rid of it. I know, believe me. This time last year I owned a car outright, now I'm back on finance. Think about it. xx
Old 9th March 2009, 00:06   #4
Rob75
Gets stuck in

Jaguar

awww phil mate i'm so sorry to hear that your selling up, alough you are in the same boat as me as i need to sell due to a jaguar i want.

Anyway good luck with the sale, im sure she will sell with no problem atall being such a beautiful car!
Old 9th March 2009, 00:18   #5
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Hi Phil, first the good news. My bro used to be in the building trade and employed a bloke for all his kitchen fitting jobs. If-- you are not going to DIY it, I can let you have his details, he does brill work at good prices, and I know he covers Wilts as well as Dorset.

Sorry about your car though, good luck with the sale..
Old 9th March 2009, 00:32   #6
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Hi Phil, first the good news. My bro used to be in the building trade and employed a bloke for all his kitchen fitting jobs. If-- you are not going to DIY it, I can let you have his details, he does brill work at good prices, and I know he covers Wilts as well as Dorset.

Sorry about your car though, good luck with the sale..
Many thanks. Could you pm them over?
Old 9th March 2009, 06:53   #7
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Sorry to hear you're selling Phil, gorgeous car. Good luck

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 9th March 2009, 08:51   #8
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Come on Phil, be sensible, cars like that are very hard to find, girlfriends on the other hand.........

Shame you are having to sell - ever thought of having a go at your kitchen yourself? If you need to tile use large one, far easier than small ones.

Paul
Old 9th March 2009, 09:28   #9
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Well I know what I would do,
and it wouldn't be swapping the Car to finance a Kitchen!!
Old 9th March 2009, 11:00   #10
juzza0
Mmm Monogram

MG ZT-T++ & Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Workhorse)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post
Phil,

You're worse than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with the sale. However, why not finance the kitchen instead of a new car? Would you not be better taking out a loan for something that will add value to your house, instead of a car which will depreciate? If you own that car outright, you'd be mad to get rid of it. I know, believe me. This time last year I owned a car outright, now I'm back on finance. Think about it. xx
Sorry you've got to sell your 75 Phil, its a really special car and the monograms are really hard to find. Your roof mount screen and DVD is definitely factory fitted. Anna does make a very good point.... i remember when i had to sell my MK1 ZT... which i still miss, even with what i've got now, so its worth considering, but if you've got to sell - good luck