Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2007, 20:51   #21
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I have worked on Rover products for 20 years this year and as well as my 75 i have a mini cooper s (not BMW) the problems started when British aerospace decided to sell to the Germans (no offence meant if there are any German members) Things were only going to go down hill afterwards once they took what was Rovers best chance of survival ie MINI. As mentioned the press always had bad things to say about the product but at least they are consistant - when England win at football the team is brilliant, but as soon as they get beat..... There was once a rhumour that Jerremy Clarkson bought an MG ZS180 for his wife!!!

Sorry rant over
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 06:33   #22
< N I C K >
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 KV6 Manual

And that's probably not all the awards the Rover 75 has received. New Zealand Autocar awarded the Rover 75 'best compact executive car for year 2000' IIRC.

Back in those glory days there was a saying going around in motoring journalist cycles that the 'Rover 75 had won more awards than sales'.

Now I've read dozens of Rover 75 reviews & what gets me is how polarised some of them are. More reviews are very positive towards the 75 with some heralding it as a great car. While others don't even give it the time of day.

I recently acquired the Top Gear magazine review of the 75 which only gave it 2/5. When I get time I'd like to create a thread to discuss this review further by scanning some sections of the article.... if that OK with mods?
< N I C K > is offline   Reply With Quote