Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th March 2007, 20:00   #1
lightpainter
Posted a thing or two

2004 Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Conn SE Auto

Default Service

Anyone have the same problem as I have had throughout my car owning experience, since 1958 I have always serviced my own vehicles and have suffered from the problem of no service stamp in the service book when I sold the motors on. In all that time I have never had a vehicle breakdown due to lack of attention! As fellow enthusiasts and as obviously you chaps know what you’re talking about when it comes to motors and the Rover 75 & ZT especially, why is there such a fixation on having to pay high prices for someone else to change your service parts, OK I don’t have a diagnostic computer but how often does this show up faults at services, Lates or Aurora perhaps you could enlighten me?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lightpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 20:09   #2
tony g
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

I know what you mean, being a bike mechanic and time served car mechanic i do all my own work. but with my cdt at the mo it's out of my hands because i have not got T4 so it's in a garage !!!! the bikes are the same now we have to plug them in to a laptop ?
tony g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 22:43   #3
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpainter View Post
Anyone have the same problem as I have had throughout my car owning experience, since 1958 I have always serviced my own vehicles and have suffered from the problem of no service stamp in the service book when I sold the motors on. In all that time I have never had a vehicle breakdown due to lack of attention! As fellow enthusiasts and as obviously you chaps know what you’re talking about when it comes to motors and the Rover 75 & ZT especially, why is there such a fixation on having to pay high prices for someone else to change your service parts, OK I don’t have a diagnostic computer but how often does this show up faults at services, Lates or Aurora perhaps you could enlighten me?
I have to say that I am not very technical to say the least but when the car is plugged into T4 is checks for any faults or issiues in the system & informs us/you if any defect or anything that may require attention, we also reset the service indicator, dispose of your old oil etc.We stamp the service book.
Also if you make a mistake when you are servicing your car you have yourself to blame whereas if we make a mistake we have to rectify it.
Our prices arn't that of a main dealer either.
Hope this is a little help.
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote