Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th May 2021, 07:11   #31
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Quote---Darcydog.-I cannot post pics on here so if anyone wants to see ours in operation PM me with your email and I’ll send some pics. I’m happy for the pics to be reposted on here.

Is there some special reason you can't post pics on here if you able to E-Mail them to other folk ??--
You’re right - I can get pic’s posted - Phil very kindly has done this for me in the past. As for why I cannot post a link or a pic on here - I used to be able to and then at some point, whatever hoops the site asked me to jump through, failure was the only outcome.

So I gave up. It is strange tho’ as I can and regularly do post both links and pics on on other sites.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:33   #32
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Oh! er missus, Some amendments to wood burning stoves since the Environmental bill became the Environmental act last month if you live in a 'Smoke Control Area'.

"Schedule 12 amends the Clean Air Act 1993 to allow local authorities to impose financial penalties in smoke control areas. This seems to be squarely aimed at reducing PM2.5 emissions, since domestic stoves/fires are known to contribute significantly to PM2.5 levels. The existing criminal offence of emitting smoke from a chimney in a smoke control area is replaced with a civil penalty regime, which should enable a quicker and simpler style of enforcement for emissions of smoke in these areas." https://airqualitynews.com/2021/12/20/e ... r-quality/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:44   #33
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

[QUOTE=SCP440;2879197]I rarely burn logs in my wood burner, scrap pallets, left over materials and anything else that will combust.

I got it that something needs to be done but when the rest of world is doing little or nothing why are we making our lives more difficult?

The UK has always bent over backwards to appease the the Climate Change Zealots.. where as the rest of the world say yes and do nothing.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 18:04   #34
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

[QUOTE=Number 6;2913450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I rarely burn logs in my wood burner, scrap pallets, left over materials and anything else that will combust.

I got it that something needs to be done but when the rest of world is doing little or nothing why are we making our lives more difficult?

The UK has always bent over backwards to appease the the Climate Change Zealots.. where as the rest of the world say yes and do nothing.
someone has to do something, if everyone does nothing, then nothing will improve.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2021, 20:30   #35
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Surely no one is suggestion the United Nations "200 Scientists" might be wrong. Lots of lovely money involved in the Climate emergency scam. Tut tut. some of us might end up in a Re-education camp. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2022, 10:20   #36
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

[QUOTE=Number 6;2913450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I rarely burn logs in my wood burner, scrap pallets, left over materials and anything else that will combust.

It's not just wet wood & bagged coal! There are big changes afoot with rebated fuels (red diesel & bio-diesel from waste oil ) from the first of April 2022 due to the climate change carbon zero policy.

I have a friend who is a constant cruiser on a narrowboat & I was going to ask him how he will be affected because he uses red diesel for propulsion & heating.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ls-entitlement

Other industries and applications that will no longer be able to fuel with rebated red diesel include:
  • Leisure;
  • Manufacturing;
  • Mining and quarrying;
  • Oil and gas extraction;
  • Road maintenance;
  • Airport and seaport operations;
  • Plant hire;
  • Logistics and waste management;
  • Any commercial heating and haulage—refrigeration units on lorries will no longer be able to run on red diesel.

Old 1st January 2022, 13:11   #37
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

[QUOTE=Lancpudn;2914584]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post

It's not just wet wood & bagged coal! There are big changes afoot with rebated fuels (red diesel & bio-diesel from waste oil ) from the first of April 2022 due to the climate change carbon zero policy.

I have a friend who is a constant cruiser on a narrowboat & I was going to ask him how he will be affected because he uses red diesel for propulsion & heating.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ls-entitlement

Other industries and applications that will no longer be able to fuel with rebated red diesel include:
  • Leisure;
  • Manufacturing;
  • Mining and quarrying;
  • Oil and gas extraction;
  • Road maintenance;
  • Airport and seaport operations;
  • Plant hire;
  • Logistics and waste management;
  • Any commercial heating and haulage—refrigeration units on lorries will no longer be able to run on red diesel.
Some sarcasm on my part
phew for a moment I thought it was a way for the government to raise money, having read the web page from the link I see it is for environmental reasons.

It is amazing that going from red diesel to white diesel will improve the environment.

I hope this is not taken out of context but it is from the web page.
"At Budget 2020, the government therefore announced that it would remove the entitlement to use red diesel and rebated biodiesel from most sectors from April 2022 to help meet its climate change and air quality targets."

Changing from red to white diesel I cant see making an environmental difference.

macafee2
Old 1st January 2022, 13:25   #38
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

[QUOTE=macafee2;2914598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

Some sarcasm on my part
phew for a moment I thought it was a way for the government to raise money, having read the web page from the link I see it is for environmental reasons.

It is amazing that going from red diesel to white diesel will improve the environment.

I hope this is not taken out of context but it is from the web page.
"At Budget 2020, the government therefore announced that it would remove the entitlement to use red diesel and rebated biodiesel from most sectors from April 2022 to help meet its climate change and air quality targets."

Changing from red to white diesel I cant see making an environmental difference.

macafee2

Agreed it beggars belief. I read another part of this policy where it says... "Registered fuel suppliers that switch a fuel tank from red to white diesel will need to flush out the tank and supply lines until no trace of marked rebated fuel remains. This will help to ensure compliance and minimise the risk that white diesel that has had the full duty rate paid on it is contaminated with the red diesel marker."

Old 1st January 2022, 14:56   #39
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

[QUOTE=Lancpudn;2914599]
Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

Agreed it beggars belief. I read another part of this policy where it says... "Registered fuel suppliers that switch a fuel tank from red to white diesel will need to flush out the tank and supply lines until no trace of marked rebated fuel remains. This will help to ensure compliance and minimise the risk that white diesel that has had the full duty rate paid on it is contaminated with the red diesel marker."
I read that too and thought how unnecessary.

macafee2
Old 1st January 2022, 15:51   #40
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

[QUOTE=macafee2;2914615]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

I read that too and thought how unnecessary.

macafee2

They seem to want to get rid of very quickly, Queue more diesel thefts when it kicks in no doubt.