Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st October 2018, 18:59   #8631
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

looks very smart.
Old 21st October 2018, 19:08   #8632
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Fixed up the undertrays on both saloons, as one or two fixings had come adrift.
Then checked the plenums on both - all clear.
Sprayed some WD silicone grease around the door handle opening & locking mechanisms.
That’s a start for the winter prep..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2018, 21:52   #8633
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Default Rover 75 on the Continent.

Under cloudless blue skies I had a lovely little drive across northern France from Roscoff to Disneyland, along some of the emptiest and best dual carriageways and motorways I have been on. I did however have to pay 29 euros for the privilege of being able to cruise at over 80mph non stop.

I set the trip computer and the 75 without missing a beat did 330 miles, at an average speed of 72.8 mph and returned 39.7 mpg. not bad with the air con on!

All well until the outskirts of Paris where things ground to a halt and the next 30 miles took well over an hour on jammed up ring roads, with totally impatient french drivers. The only driver to let me pull out was in a Rover 200.
A day of contrasts. C'est la vie.

Mickey Mouse tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-10-21 13.55.02.jpg (129.7 KB, 20 views)
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 07:02   #8634
KeithA
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conny Tourer Auto

Busy day yesterday on the newly acquired tourer.

First up the PCB (crankcase) filter. Despite a very full service history it obviously hadn't been done for some while (as with many...photo).

Onwards, and off with the inlet manifold to fit an inline stat...now runs a nice steady 84/85 degrees instead of 79/80.

While the manifold was off I noticed that the egr vacuum unit bracket was broken so went to my spares car and found that one had a big crack in it too....fitted it anyway as the best of the two and will need to order a new one. Must be a weak spot, and not really visible until the manifold is off.

Also fitted an egr bypass from the old car as the egr was a little gunky....may reinstate it after cleaning.

Swapped over steering wheels from old to new, has made a big difference (poor quality photo attached), has really lifted the interior.

Finally replaced the original factory radio cassette with the pioneer Bluetooth single din from the old car. Fascia from eBay was £14 well spent as fitted perfectly.....and trivial as it might sound I like the extra pocket!

To cap off a long day I cracked on breaking the spares car as I need to get it shifted from mum in laws. Interior out as a member would like the carpet.

To finish the day a couple of beers and a moan about my aching back to anyone who would listen!

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:05   #8635
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE=KeithA;2679914]Busy day yesterday on the newly acquired tourer.

First up the PCB (crankcase) filter. Despite a very full service history it obviously hadn't been done for some while (as with many...photo).

Onwards, and off with the inlet manifold to fit an inline stat...now runs a nice steady 84/85 degrees instead of 79/80.

Quote:
While the manifold was off I noticed that the egr vacuum unit bracket was broken so went to my spares car and found that one had a big crack in it too....fitted it anyway as the best of the two and will need to order a new one. Must be a weak spot, and not really visible until the manifold is off

Also fitted an egr bypass from the old car as the egr was a little gunky....may reinstate it after cleaning.

Swapped over steering wheels from old to new, has made a big difference (poor quality photo attached), has really lifted the interior.

Finally replaced the original factory radio cassette with the pioneer Bluetooth single din from the old car. Fascia from eBay was £14 well spent as fitted perfectly.....and trivial as it might sound I like the extra pocket!

To cap off a long day I cracked on breaking the spares car as I need to get it shifted from mum in laws. Interior out as a member would like the carpet.

To finish the day a couple of beers and a moan about my aching back to anyone who would listen!

Yes the EGR solenoid brackets are a weak point and I have only ever seen about 3 still intact, it is best to remove the broken part of the bracket and re-fit the solenoid to the fuel rail as in the photo below also check the hoses for chaffing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC12620.jpg (127.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15664 (3).jpg (131.5 KB, 25 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:21   #8636
Billyuk1
Avid contributor

zt saloon 1800cc

fit a replacement osf door lock motor today.
What a fiddly job.
All working perfectly again...
Billyuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 18:25   #8637
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Just the usual tonight - fitted a pair of front droplinks. Unipart ones that came with the car, so will be interesting to see how long they last.

Put in a bit of extra grease, as you do.

Will sort the NSR caliper tomorrow morning as I noticed it was a tad too warm when putting my granddaughter in the back seat today.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 22nd October 2018 at 18:29..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 18:42   #8638
Dubya
Loves to post

2005 MG ZT-T+ V6 190

Busy at both ends of my ZTT today. At the front I replaced the leaking o-rings on the thermostat housing and associated pipework. Coolant system filled and bled as per the approved method, so far no leaks so fingers crossed.

And at the back I replaced the original rear silencer which had more holes than Swiss cheese and woke up half the street in the mornings! Came apart easily enough but I did have to cut through the support strap (which was pretty much rusted through) and had immeasurable fun removing the rubber hangers! While it was off I saw the heatshield was hanging on by only one bolt, having corroded away around the others, soon fixed with a few penny washers. New silencer fitted and aligned, job's a good 'un!

And how does my ZTT repay me for the attention I have just lavished on her? She develops a weird problem with the IPK illumination staying on (posted in Technical Help Forum). Don't you just love these cars!!!
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 23:06   #8639
Southcoast
Regular poster

Rover 75

Fitted a pair of NOS Rover drop links that I bought from DMGRS a few weeks ago. The OS one came off with a bit of a struggle but the NS one did not want to let go of the nut so I had to hacksaw it off. Three of the boots were split but still had plenty of grease in. Not bad for 111000 miles.
Note: Don't grind too much off of your spanner
Southcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 05:06   #8640
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastelmann View Post
Not today but during the last weeks I gave my engine bay a little brush-up using steel wool, lots of rags, brushes, cotton pads and sticks, pliers, tweezers, proxxon ibs multitool, WD40, polishing creme, plastic cleaner, silicone spray and autoglym super resin polish and gloss protection. Afterwards I replaced lots of scruffy bolts, nuts and washers with stainless steel ones. The result seems not too bad for a nearly sixteen years old engine. Thanks to Mr. Teflon and Mr. Nev the Bear for the inspiration.

Can't just scroll past that and not comment. That's incredible.

Come and do mine
75c is offline   Reply With Quote