Old 24th October 2018, 22:08   #41
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Exactly....

Countries with intelligent people do things better.

Hystericals like the people above is why we can't have an 80mph limit like literally every other country in the EU.

Dont even start on the Drink Driving hysteria. Drink driving is only, according to official government figures, responsible for 10% of fatalities. You'd think the other 90% might be more of a priority eh ?

Well it might be best to leave all us stupid people here and move to one of the more intelligent countries then... Oh and you can take your lack of sense with you

Btw i have been nearly taken out on several occasions on traffic light junctions with a 'more intelligent driver' (Moron), who didn't happen to see me on a motorcycle crossing on green, carried on through on red... Fortunately i have learnt the hard way that it's best to treat everyone as an idiot when riding a bike and that attitude has saved me more times than i care to mention. It's a shame that some feel proving that attitude is the correct one to take is something to brag about........

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 22:10   #42
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Well it might be best to leave all us stupid people here and move to one of the more intelligent countries then... Oh and you can take your lack of sense with you

Btw i have been nearly taken out on several occasions on traffic light junctions with a 'more intelligent driver' (Moron), who didn't happen to see me on a motorcycle crossing on green, carried on through on red... Fortunately i have learnt the hard way that it's best to treat everyone as an idiot when riding a bike and that attitude has saved me more times than i care to mention. It's a shame that some feel proving that attitude is the correct one to take is something to brag about........
So you've been almost taken out at 2am with no traffic on the road?
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 22:12   #43
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Quote:
So you've been almost taken out at 2am with no traffic on the road?

Yup... i used to come home regularly that time when on shift work.... You would be surprised how many morons decide to jump the lights!!

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 24th October 2018, 22:38   #44
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

It's precisely that assumption "Well there's never anyone around at 2.00 am, so I'll belt through on red" that kills. 9 times out of 10, there might not be any cross traffic. But there just might be - would you really want that on your conscience? Why don't you write to your local traffic controllers and tell them they are wasting electricity by leaving the lights working when there's no one around? Except you. Many places turn off the traffic lights at low volume times, and as there are 'Give way!' lines at the entrances to roundabouts, you are expected to slow down and check if the way is clear, green light or none!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 22:44   #45
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
It's precisely that assumption "Well there's never anyone around at 2.00 am, so I'll belt through on red" that kills. 9 times out of 10, there might not be any cross traffic. But there just might be - would you really want that on your conscience? Why don't you write to your local traffic controllers and tell them they are wasting electricity by leaving the lights working when there's no one around? Except you. Many places turn off the traffic lights at low volume times, and as there are 'Give way!' lines at the entrances to roundabouts, you are expected to slow down and check if the way is clear, green light or none!

Why are people so thick? what is so hard to comprehend?

If there is NO traffic and you can see its totally clear... by virtue of the fact there is NO traffic, there is no actual risk.

Any issue is likely to only occur when people are taking risks in places where they cannot see, a stupid thing to do at any time. It has already been stated that many other countries manage traffic differently at night, but its opinions like the above, which makes the UK seem incapable of doing anything sensible.

If the population is too thick to navigate an empty junction safely, at 2am+ without having an accident, then the future is more like the film Idiocracy every day.

Then again, the UK does have one of the highest obesity rates in the West, so its not a big stretch that if people are too stupid to be able to feed themselves correctly, then perhaps asking them to drive correctly is too much.

Last edited by T16; 24th October 2018 at 22:46..
Old 24th October 2018, 22:51   #46
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Quote:

If there is NO traffic and you can see its totally clear... by virtue of the fact there is NO traffic, there is no actual risk.

Any issue is likely to only occur when people are taking risks in places where they cannot see, a stupid thing to do at any time.

Or they simply don't see the motorcyclist that they plough into ... I'm sorry but you are trying to defend the indefensible but of course there are always those that might have had a drink or two before getting behind the wheel but as they only account for 10% of fatalities we shouldn't worry about those either of course.... I'm also guessing your the type that also goes down the wrong lane at a roundabout to avoid the traffic queue then cuts up those that have patiently waited in the correct lane but that's ok of course because they were stupid enough to have manners and you are above queueing like the normal peasants.

Old 24th October 2018, 23:03   #47
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Quote:

Any issue is likely to only occur when people are taking risks in places where they cannot see, a stupid thing to do at any time. It has already been stated that many other countries manage traffic differently at night, but its opinions like the above, which makes the UK seem incapable of doing anything sensible.

If the population is too thick to navigate an empty junction safely, at 2am+ without having an accident, then the future is more like the film Idiocracy every day.

Then again, the UK does have one of the highest obesity rates in the West, so its not a big stretch that if people are too stupid to be able to feed themselves correctly, then perhaps asking them to drive correctly is too much.
You keep on believing there's no traffic, in Dundee?, even at 2.00am. What speed are you travelling at when you deem the rules don't apply to you, can you see a cyclist or pedestrian in the road? You're making bold assumptions if you think you are the only person around late at night.
The hysteria thing, try spending two months on crutches followed by months of wearing a caliper on your leg, having to take so many painkillers that you have take more drugs to be able to go to the loo....that or don't eat.

All because an idiot, like you, with a massive sense of superiority and entitlement, decided that she was going to do what she wanted. Oh, and the drink driving thing, she was pished, as I suspect you are.
Old 24th October 2018, 23:18   #48
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:

Hmm, no traffic, eh? Don't think I have ever been in a built up area, at any time of day or night when there has been NO traffic. I also note you are the kind of inconsiderate parker that does annoy people by selfishly depriving them of a parking space. I have always assumed these were people who couldn't drive properly - which in your case, could be true, - not that they were doing it deliberately. Or perhaps you are the only car owner in Dundee? And there are no police cars or traffic wardens there? I hope you meet your double one day, preferably at a light controlled junction at 2am, when you think you are the only driver on the road.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 23:53   #49
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

I've seen 17 people die from road traffic injuries since I began working as a nurse, 11 of those were night accidents. Visibility is never 100% at night, empty roads make distance and speed of oncoming traffic harder to accurately calculate.

It makes perfect sense for people to pay more attention to traffic lights at night, not less.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 00:15   #50
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post
You keep on believing there's no traffic, in Dundee?, even at 2.00am. What speed are you travelling at when you deem the rules don't apply to you, can you see a cyclist or pedestrian in the road? You're making bold assumptions if you think you are the only person around late at night.
The hysteria thing, try spending two months on crutches followed by months of wearing a caliper on your leg, having to take so many painkillers that you have take more drugs to be able to go to the loo....that or don't eat.

All because an idiot, like you, with a massive sense of superiority and entitlement, decided that she was going to do what she wanted. Oh, and the drink driving thing, she was pished, as I suspect you are.
Maybe you should have ridden more defensively? I have not had an accident in over 25years.