Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th November 2010, 23:02   #11
petergw60
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT

Hi. I have recently had the same problem. The only sure way of sorting this out is to remove the carpet which is not easy. Took me about a day in the end. It is very heavy when wet and the amount of water still left in the car was quite large. I used a wet/dry vacuum to remove as much of the water from the car and carpet and pressed towels into the foam backing of the carpet. It took about 2 weeks to dry enough before refitting. Water came in due to blocked plenums and entered through the clutch hydraulic line grommet which had not been correctly fitted when this was replaced. Water also damaged the air bag sensor under the carpet so that had to be replaced. Also, I seem to have managed to stiff the satnav computer when disconnecting the battery at some point (make sure you let the red light go out on the unit before disconnecting the battery - I was sure I had each time but since I was connecting and disconnecting the battery quite a few times I must have not done so). To cap it all, after putting it all back together, drove car out of the garage and heard a loud twang - front spring had broken!
All sorted now and carpet dry. Just have to save up for the double din unit from radioguy to replace my original hi-line system to sort out the sat-nav. There is always soemthing to do!
petergw60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:14   #12
mattyjones_1989

rover 75 classic

just removed dooor trim and yes the under foam is drenched!!! but whats worryeing me more is the coolant is being lost rapidly, tryed rad weld but i very much doubt it will do anything. looks like iv bought another car thats knackered!! is it a simple job to sort this out??? everytime i top up coolant itss just going to come into the cab isnt it not good
mattyjones_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:19   #13
sturmovik
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTI saloon

Radweld is a bit drastic, but is surprisingly effective. Hope it does the trick for you.

Kevin
sturmovik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:27   #14
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

You need to take the carpet out, as the side impact sensor is sitting in a puddle and will eventually throw up a ABS fault.

It sounds like the matrix has failed more then anything
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 10:19   #15
rovertoyou

Rover 75 and MG ZT

Default removing shield panel tray/scuttle

As I've said a bit earlier I have serious water ingress on the driver's side (driver's seat floor and rear passenger seat floor). Having never tackled the plenum blockage problem before I've been reading up and plan to do it tomorrow after I've been to B&Q for a plumber's spring pipe and a piece of tubing!

It's just a query re the removal of the shield panel tray or scuttle to gain access to the chamber. Having removed the rear clips is it easy to slide a screwdriver in at the front to then start sliding the tray out? I can't quite see where to stick the screwdriver in to loosen the tray...
rovertoyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 10:25   #16
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=67019
This may help.
Old 12th November 2018, 11:53   #17
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmovik View Post
Radweld is a bit drastic, but is surprisingly effective. Hope it does the trick for you.
Radweld? Cyanide for cars.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 23:23   #18
Rover 75 Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourers(4)400turs(3

Default Water in rear footwell

Found the tube which carries the wireing loom from the rear o/s wheel arch under the rear seat had over time had got blocked with road muck.This had allowed the tube to rust through on the underside and allow water into the rear footwell. Used high expansion foam to fill the tube and sealed the tube under the wheel arch with a mastic sealer.Now dry
Rover 75 Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 08:13   #19
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertoyou View Post
As I've said a bit earlier I have serious water ingress on the driver's side (driver's seat floor and rear passenger seat floor). Having never tackled the plenum blockage problem before I've been reading up and plan to do it tomorrow after I've been to B&Q for a plumber's spring pipe and a piece of tubing!

Quote:
It's just a query re the removal of the shield panel tray or scuttle to gain access to the chamber. Having removed the rear clips is it easy to slide a screwdriver in at the front to then start sliding the tray out? I can't quite see where to stick the screwdriver in to loosen the tray...
Hi Michael
Once you have removed the plenum tray which is very easy, make sure you add the spy hole mod to the tray, that way you will not have to keep removing when you check it a least once a month link below for spy hole mod.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&postcount=21

http://youtu.be/9Hw2SMBPU48

Also check this link out if you have a sunroof.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=125864

I would say start your own thread as this one is now 8 years old

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 14th November 2018 at 10:12..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 06:24   #20
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Pack under the carpet with old towels. They soak it up wonderfully. Are you sure the water loss coincides with the water in the car? I had two seperate issues with my 1.8. Tou should tell by the colour if its coolant, though. Better to replace the matrix rhan Radweld if you're 100% sure - those products can cause issues in some engines.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote