Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th November 2018, 18:57   #11
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Would this do Ian?

https://www.struttandparker.com/properties/mossdale-1

You have to look at the PDF brochure to appreciate the scale.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 20:44   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Would this do Ian?

https://www.struttandparker.com/properties/mossdale-1

You have to look at the PDF brochure to appreciate the scale.
There are some spectacular properties about, some are now with the national trust.

A view across fields, hills or valleys, wonderful.

I can but dream

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 21:06   #13
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I know this is about gardens but we are the only country in Europe (i believe) that doesn't have minimum sizes for new build houses.

Holland have one and has a similar if not higher density so it's achievable if the will is there.
Legislation in 2016 decreed minimum room sizes dependant upon how many people were to live a new build, to deter bad letting practices by landlords (overcrowding), but that assumes every new build is a buy-to-let! Legislation rarely achieves the required result.

Regarding garden (amenity space as it is now called) size, when I was Chairman of our local planning authority from 2008 to 2016, I was constantly told that nobody wants a garden any more! They will when there aren't any!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 21:31   #14
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Legislation in 2016 decreed minimum room sizes dependant upon how many people were to live a new build, to deter bad letting practices by landlords (overcrowding), but that assumes every new build is a buy-to-let! Legislation rarely achieves the required result.

Regarding garden (amenity space as it is now called) size, when I was Chairman of our local planning authority from 2008 to 2016, I was constantly told that nobody wants a garden any more! They will when there aren't any!

IIRC In the UK the av size of a new build is 76 sqm, in holland it's 115 sqm, Denmark is 176 sqm. I wonder how they manage what we can't?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 22:12   #15
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Before I moved in here I had a look at so many houses trying to find one with a decent sized garden and either one with a proper sized double garage or at least the space to build one.

Some houses I looked at had amazing specifications that I am sure would be ok for some but does every bedroom need a bathroom and when was the last time anybody used a dining room apart from at Christmas or when you have friends round?

I can remember one that the back garden was so small, it was the width of the house but it was not deep enough for a whirly washing line . The double garage was ridiculous, I suppose if I drove an original Mini I could have got two of those in there ( just ) but if you knocked down the central pillar between the doors it was only the width of a decent sized garage, the people who were selling it admitted they had made a mistake and bought it off plan and did not actually look at the dimensions. Even the main sitting room was only about 7 foot wide. It did have 4 bedrooms and two receptions.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 09:42   #16
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

I maybe a Victor Meldrew,but around here, the young couples would be happy if all their children had their own bedroom so they could be on their i-pads all day. If they did have a garden, it would soon become an unkempt eyesore.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 09:53   #17
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
when was the last time anybody used a dining room apart from at Christmas or when you have friends round?
Ours is in use everyday, I eat almost every meal in there.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 10:03   #18
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I'm assuming no young children. I had two and both played outside and 60ft was not enough for a game of football.
A garden at something like 30ft with another house and garden behind the next house is only 60ft away, fat too close for me but I don't like new build estates.

macafee2

On the contrary, we have a 7, 3 and 2 year old. Small garden is plenty for a little kick around. If they want to ride their bikes we go out, same if they want to kick a ball around, though thankfully at the moment they show no signs of liking football. I have neither the time nor the inclination to be cutting that much grass, weeding etc.

Where we are now it is too overlooked, but where we’re looking at moving to it’ll be a home for a long time, and there’s no rush to move so we can wait and choose a plot we like, preferably a corner plot.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 12:05   #19
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Shows how detached some people are from reality. In the uk 30% of children live in poverty. Lets deal with that before we start worrying about garden size
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 12:14   #20
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
On the contrary, we have a 7, 3 and 2 year old. Small garden is plenty for a little kick around. If they want to ride their bikes we go out, same if they want to kick a ball around, though thankfully at the moment they show no signs of liking football. I have neither the time nor the inclination to be cutting that much grass, weeding etc.

Where we are now it is too overlooked, but where we’re looking at moving to it’ll be a home for a long time, and there’s no rush to move so we can wait and choose a plot we like, preferably a corner plot.
I'm lost for words

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote