Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th March 2019, 23:22   #11
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
Insurance for my daily 75 was cheaper parked on the drive than it was garaged.🤔
Hard to get your head around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really.

They think a garaged car is more likely to be damaged going in and out of the garage than it is to be damaged sitting on the drive.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 04:46   #12
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

It's the Bradford post code for sure!
I recently moved from a WF to a BD, insurance doubled.

Classic insurance wouldn't be any good for me, I enjoy driving it too much and end up doing 8 or 9k a year in it.

I did look into classic insurance for it last year and was told you need to have full NCB to be eligible anyway. Unfortunately I don't, never claimed in my life but I was a named driver on my wife's insurance for a while and ended up loosing my NCB, even though I was insured on my motorbikes. Basically, any excuse to screw you over.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s

Last edited by Mike Trident; 9th March 2019 at 04:54..
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 08:04   #13
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

I used Classicline when I bought an additional Rover 45 & had no NCB to use . I already have my P6 with them on a classic policy. Gave me an introductory NCB and is on 8K miles per annum www.classiclineinsurance

RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 08:35   #14
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
Not really.

They think a garaged car is more likely to be damaged going in and out of the garage than it is to be damaged sitting on the drive.

Strange, my Saab 93 classic policy states that it must be kept overnight, if at home address, in a brick built garage.

I get the impression that they make the rules up as they go along !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 10:08   #15
selwol
Regular poster

exrover75 saloon owner gone to a good home

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
Insurance for my daily 75 was cheaper parked on the drive than it was garaged.��
Hard to get your head around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when insuring it seems to drop the price if you say £zero to voluntary excess...

Last edited by selwol; 9th March 2019 at 10:10..
selwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 10:32   #16
Richard3275
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default insurance Killed off dreams of getting into a 75

Hello Rob, I have fully comp insurance with Sainsbury's , I am 76, ncb of 12 years , annual millage 8,000 , £341. the car 75 connoisseur cdti 96, 55 plate . This is my only car .

I hope this helps you think again .
Martyn , Richard3275
Richard3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 10:57   #17
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty62 View Post
hi rob, don't give up until you have contacted Pete best classic insurance, talk to Stephen best,and quote the HISCOX scheme,i insured my 2003 C.D.T.I 2.0 ZT on the first of feb, for £185,fully comp, but their is a few restrictions, including,giving up your N.C.B.restricted milage of 1500 miles a year and being a member of a MG Rover club, giving your membership details, it works for me,as it is my second car, but that obviously wouldn't suit everyone, hope that helps, regards Ian.
It was Peter Best I was talking to. They told me that if it was a ZT there would be know problems getting classic cover. The MG brand is accepted but for some daft reason that they cannot explain Rovers aren't. Consensus is that the MG badge is more of an enthusiast brand where Rover at this age is an old banger with someone trying to cut down costs.

Should have kept my ZTT when I got the Volvo, then this probably wouldn't be happening.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 10:59   #18
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I've just had to insure our 3 cars only last week, it was cheaper for me to insure each car individually rather than using a multicar policy, also cheaper to set voluntary to zero.

I used Hastings for the ZT190 using my NCB and limited 3,000 miles which came in at £185. I then used Adrian Flux on a classic limited mileage policy which again was set to 3,000 miles at just £150. I could have easily have set the mileage lower, I doubt we will do no more than 1,500 in a year on the two cars anyway.

Flux were the cheapest by far for the TF, other quotations were coming in at £230, but Flux were the most expensive on the ZT which was coming in at £450 Hastings was by far the cheapest at £185.

The TF's policy I had to use zero NCB, but Flux simply mirrored my NCB from the ZT, you just need to upload proof on the Flux portal along with agreeing to the limited mileage declaration.

Not many providers will mirror your NCB for a second car, plus having a separate policy rather than a multicar allows you to earn NCB on each of those policies.

I found using the Confused.com comparison site brought in the lowest quotations, plus if you go through the Quidco cashback site you can earn £30 cash back for each policy, making my ZT policy just £155 and the TF £120.

Last edited by Dallas; 9th March 2019 at 11:28..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 11:11   #19
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard3275 View Post
Hello Rob, I have fully comp insurance with Sainsbury's , I am 76, ncb of 12 years , annual millage 8,000 , £341. the car 75 connoisseur cdti 96, 55 plate . This is my only car .

I hope this helps you think again .
Martyn , Richard3275
In this case its not my only car, I have a Volvo and a Triumph Dolomite which is on a classic policy. The problem is getting a 75 insured at a realistic price. So far it ranges from mirrored NCB at the lowest price of £638.00 or not able to get NCB discount at £1800 cheapest. If I wanted to insure it as my main driver I'm sure it would be in the mid £300s. Son suggested sell the Volvo but having a large dog too carry about I do not want to put her in the back on unmarked leather. This 75 has a very low mileage and is mint.

Feel quite flat about it now and really gone off the boil, I was going to look further into it today, maybe a fleet policy, more companies etc, but got up this morning and all the motivations gone.

I was holding out for a launch car and as these are now 20yrs old should be no probs. with a classic policy. I had been given first dibs on one but now the owner wants to hang on to it so started widening the field.
Old 9th March 2019, 11:51   #20
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I've just had to insure our 3 cars only last week, it was cheaper for me to insure each car individually rather than using a multicar policy, also cheaper to set voluntary to zero.

I used Hastings for the ZT190 using my NCB and limited 3,000 miles which came in at £185. I then used Adrian Flux on a classic limited mileage policy which again was 3,000 miles at just £150. I could have easily have set the mileage lower, I doubt we will do no more than 1,500 in a year on the two cars anyway.

Flux were the cheapest by far for the TF, other quotations were coming in at £230, but Flux were the most expensive on the ZT which was coming in at £450 Hastings was by far the cheapest at £185.

The TF's policy I had to use zero NCB, but Flux simply mirrored my NCB from the ZT, you just need to upload proof on the Flux portal along with agreeing to the limited mileage declaration.

Not many providers will mirror your NCB for a second car, plus having a separate policy rather than a multicar allows you to earn NCB on each of those policies.

I found using the Confused.com comparison site brought in the lowest quotations, plus if you go through the Quidco cashback site you can earn £30 cash back for each policy, making my ZT policy just £150 and the TF £115.
I'm assuming from your details that Flux are covering a 75 and TF. Your example is what I expected from Flux. My Volvo is with Tesco, the best quote and cover I could find, and the Dolomite is on a classic policy with Flux. They have said they cannot give a classic quote for the 75 as its a 2002 its not old enough but offered the Mirrored quote which is too high. May be worth looking the other way round but their quote for the Volvo with full NCB was a ridicules £750.00 on the Volvo, even after them pushing to want to quote for it.