Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd January 2021, 00:24   #11
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Unfortunately the shops can't enforce mask wearing, the staff have enough to do without having to police the wearing of masks, can you imagine the confrontations the staff would have dealing with the unwilling?
Hi Andy & Debs
hope you and family had a decent Xmas and new year, regarding the above staff should not have to police the wearing of masks in a super store, but the security staff they have there should.

Its not hard to have a simple sign NO mask No enter, unless you can prove you have a medical problem, and if you do have a medical problem it would be best to avoid the big super stores if you can and shop local if you can.

Like Dave says above a visa should not hinder your breathing, so wear a visa mask if possible, we can all adapt if we want to, but you have got to want to.

I am a mask wearer through my own free will, these super stores are not really helping as they are not sticking to the rules.

I find Morrisons the worse no code what so ever by me, i have yet to see the self service screens be wiped down after someone else as used it before you, even if they are wearing a mask or not.

We all have to touch those screens can you imagine how much virus is on those screens, i always wear gloves and remove them as i leave then use hand sanitiser after, keep safe out there guys.

PS i would not want to be a bus driver in these very trying times, my hat is off to those drivers, and anyone dealing with joe public on a daily basis.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 3rd January 2021 at 00:32.. Reason: rectification
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2021, 00:27   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
During the last lockdown whilst entering a supermarket the security guard tried to stop 3 thirty somethings with no masks from entering.
They all produced the sunflower lanyards saying that they were exempt as they had asthma.

The three of them were all built like brick outhouses and were still wearing their gym wear from the gym across the road.

No one I know with asthma is built like that, but as said in am earlier post they were giving out the sunflower lanyards in the local shopping precinct to anyone that asked for one.

I am beginning to think that the British public really deserve everything they get.
NHS staff are British Public, the staff at the Supermarket at British public, Farmers are British public. Blanket statements can sometimes be a problem.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2021, 01:08   #13
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

I was one the folk who said what's all the fuss as thousands die of the flu every year so why kick off about this and it stops all the operations for cancer and other illnesses going ahead etc. I tested positive in November even though I'd been nowhere except work for 6 months and ordered all shopping online so I had no contact with anybody except at work.
I was among 5 people at work who tested positive and we all had no symptoms except losing a sense of smell and taste. The problem being one of my work mates who caught it also passed it on to his wife who has COPD and within 24 hours she was in the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Gateshead on oxygen for 14 days and at one point it was touch and go whether she'd pull through. It hit home how serious this is and how ignorant I was and others are to this. You might be healthy and safe but think of others with underlying health problems who aren't. Take care everyone.
Old 3rd January 2021, 04:19   #14
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
NHS staff are British Public, the staff at the Supermarket at British public, Farmers are British public. Blanket statements can sometimes be a problem.

macafee2
Yes, blanket statements can be a problem especially if read in a way that was not intended.
I am not going to make a list of the sectors of “ the British public “ I was eluding to, I will leave that to your imagination. What type of person joins a mob outside a hospital full of sick people chanting it’s all a hoax !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2021, 06:03   #15
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:

I am beginning to think that the British public really deserve everything they get.
Beginning? I used to say that security is fine until you let the first member of the public in and that applies to any spread of any contaminants.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:50   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Yes, blanket statements can be a problem especially if read in a way that was not intended.
I am not going to make a list of the sectors of “ the British public “ I was eluding to, I will leave that to your imagination. What type of person joins a mob outside a hospital full of sick people chanting it’s all a hoax !
A damn stupid one

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:22   #17
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
people have to eat
less risk of catching an infection compared to walking around a super market

I too have seen Mac Donald's drive thru with a long queue only last week,
is it really that good?

macafee2
Is McDonald actually food Ian?, I always found it a stretch of the imagination when describing their eateries as "restaurants"?

Anyway I suspect the real reason is quite simple, it makes a refreshing change from sitting on your backside looking at four walls, watching mindless television while consuming biscuits and sweeties.

People are bored and restless, and without structure to your life it is all too tempting to gravitate towards things that may represent any form of normality.

Today I'm planning to head out to do a bit of live data comparison with the wife's new car.

I shall not bother joining the queues at a drive through though, I couldn't think of anything worse, and interaction with others will be strictly limited.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2021, 11:31   #18
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
A damn stupid one

macafee2
I think that most of us would agree with that.

I know it’s getting boring but we’re come this far so let’s all stay safe .
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2021, 12:34   #19
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I have "chronic asthma" not "severe asthma". Chronic means that you've had it for years, severe means that it is serious enough to limit your lifestyle and perhaps life expectancy. I am "solidly" built and officially don't have to wear a mask. Although I find them uncomfortable and they make me wheeze after a while, I wear one. My asthma is currently controlled but catching Covid would affect me seriously. Those who have met me may be surprised to learn these facts but facts they are. Never judge a book by its cover. Huge thanks to everybody who is serving the public in any way. Stay safe and best wishes for the new year.
Old 3rd January 2021, 13:20   #20
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default It's annoying.

I'm a lifelong asthmatic, I've had heart issues and I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in 1993, I've now had covid and it's left me breathless but...I'll still wear a mask or visor to the shops, no-one can object to a visor as it doesn't restrict breathing. If I can wear one for a short visit to a shop, so can others, It seems most of it boils down to attitude and I'm going to develop one of my own towards the selfish idiots.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote