Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th February 2021, 11:04   #1
Oldmanlogan
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourer

Default What's my 75 worth

Hi all ,just a quick question, I have a 75 cdt tourer, mot till November 21 only advisories was slight play lower suspension, low mileage 78k,new clutch 65k,full leather (manual adjustment),copperleaf,sunroof, new headlining,overmatts,18"gridspokes with 2 new front tyres,drives very well, new double din bluetooth stereo with reverse camera, towbar with double electrics,all usual rover mods inc gold resistor by mickyboy, unfortunately I cant use after 25th October as not ulez compliant, I also have a full set of unions alloys plus roof bars ,I really really dont want to sell her but have no choice I would be willing to swap for a 1 litre car must be ulez compliance, help!!!!
Oldmanlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2021, 16:28   #2
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Have a look on autotrader ?
There are signs these days that petrol models are bringing in more than diesel ones are .......
Old 13th February 2021, 16:44   #3
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmanlogan View Post
Hi all ,just a quick question, I have a 75 cdt tourer, mot till November 21 only advisories was slight play lower suspension, low mileage 78k,new clutch 65k,full leather (manual adjustment),copperleaf,sunroof, new headlining,overmatts,18"gridspokes with 2 new front tyres,drives very well, new double din bluetooth stereo with reverse camera, towbar with double electrics,all usual rover mods inc gold resistor by mickyboy, unfortunately I cant use after 25th October as not ulez compliant, I also have a full set of unions alloys plus roof bars ,I really really dont want to sell her but have no choice I would be willing to swap for a 1 litre car must be ulez compliance, help!!!!
Are you sure that yours is not compliant. Out of interest, I put my 3 diesels (2x75,1xZT) in the checker and 2 of the 3 came out ok! If you want like for like, I can recommend Jaguar X Type diesels, and there is an estate version.
coolguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2021, 20:09   #4
Oldmanlogan
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourer

No definitely not compliant
Oldmanlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2021, 20:46   #5
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

My 1800 has no intrinsic value apart from being ULEZ compliant and the car being in overall good condition, especially in the bodywork department.

For this reason I'm reshelling the rusty bodied diesel belonging to my wife into it, as I plan on not funding any future ULEZ zone that appears in my local area, along with that of TfL when visiting relatives in London.

Mmm, 1800 diesel 75 Nontemporaryasseur SE in Firefrost

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2021, 21:18   #6
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Are you sure that yours is not compliant. Out of interest, I put my 3 diesels (2x75,1xZT) in the checker and 2 of the 3 came out ok! If you want like for like, I can recommend Jaguar X Type diesels, and there is an estate version.
Great cars but rust badly in the sills, need checking thoroughly. I have seen what look like immaculate low miles cars fail an MOT terminally from tin worm.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2021, 22:07   #7
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmanlogan View Post
Have you looked at having it lpg'd yet. See if that helps. And yes, diesels can be lpg'd.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2021, 00:57   #8
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Great cars but rust badly in the sills, need checking thoroughly. I have seen what look like immaculate low miles cars fail an MOT terminally from tin worm.
The later ones are much better. Perhaps I have been lucky, but none of mine (4) have had rust problems. Dates range from 2001 to 2009, and I still have all of them.
coolguy is online now   Reply With Quote