Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2016, 20:50   #4861
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Bought a new Eezibleed, removed the piston from the master cylinder, cleaned out the reservoir, and the cylinder, then popped the white cap off the end of the piston and cleaned the gunge out of the non return valve.

A smear of rubber grease, and reassembled, then fitted the new Eezibleed to the reservoir, and the Frabtel bleederomatic 3000 (TM) to the other end.

Pressurised the system with no fluid first to check for leaks, then filled the Eezibleed with fresh fluid shook the bottle to aerate the fluid (to aid in scouring any residual debris from the system) and pumped 300ml into a glass jar........yuk !!!!

Refilled the Eezibleed bottle with 400ml, and bled until bubble free then disconnected the quick coupling, leaving the Eezibleed connected and pressurised to check the integrity of the master cylinder......bone dry

Depressurised the system, disconnected the Eezibleed, and refitted the diaphragm and cap to the master cylinder, then connected up to the slave cylinder.

Next came the refitting of the clutch pedal, now at this point I will admit to having lost the circlip gadget from the end of the pedal box shaft when I removed it

Fortunately despite not being able to find it, Colin 2Diesels is currently knacking a Contemporary SE, so a quick visit to Stirling MG in Morpeth bagged me the missing clip.......thanks Colin and Dave

So a smear of LM grease on the pedal shaft, and on the pedal clevis, followed by refitting of the pedal, and the first press of the new clutch..........lovely and light

So back on with the wheels, quick recheck of all torque settings, then off the stands.

Tidied the tools up and washed my hands, dumped my boiler suit, and a quick test drive to the Chinese takeaway to collect tea revealed a super light, super smooth clutch, with a nice precise gearchange

To say the car has been transformed is an understatement, it's amazing how you adapt to a poor clutch

So not the quickest of jobs, but the satisfaction that it has been done properly, with no shortcuts, and no half measures, and I fully expect this to last out the remainder of the car's days.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 20:54   #4862
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Nice job Brian, now what was on the menu
Old 19th March 2016, 20:58   #4863
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Nice job Brian, now what was on the menu
Beef and green pepper in black bean sauce, with a portion of chips to share

Alex at the Jade Lagoon, was impressed with the Frabtel bleederomatic 3000 (TM) too

Brian

P.S. I'm test driving it up to Delves Lane tomorrow to drop off that report for Sharon, are you delivering a discourtesy car
Old 19th March 2016, 21:33   #4864
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
I popped out the fog light blanking plates and cut my fingers up in the process! I Was expecting the MK1 gearbox cooler to be visible for behind the panel and there's nothing there! So now I can fit fogs to the car without fear of blocking the airflow to the cooler!

I am starting to have a problem with the accelerator, think the pedal maybe to blame, but might be an expensive fix either ways! (if its not own to the transmission playing silly bugers with me)
Have a look at the top of the accelerator pedal. A don't forget the diesel is 'fly by wire' , so you have no cable, see if the small electric box at the top of the pedal is loose or moved. If it is to loose and moved a lot, you will probably need a t4 guru to set it up properly.
Old 19th March 2016, 21:33   #4865
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

P.S. I'm test driving it up to Delves Lane tomorrow to drop off that report for Sharon, are you delivering a discourtesy car
Yep, heading North on Monday mate.
Old 20th March 2016, 21:13   #4866
marinabrian

MG ZT

Well, this makes a change for me

Today I washed and polished the ZT, then vacuumed it out after a test drive to Consett and back.

I must say the Mk1 ZT is a much more mean and moody looking, than the Pegaso fire engine Mk2 thing, and did I mention the clutch is lovely

Good grief whatever next, I'll be talking about detailing engine bays or some other frivolous things

Mk 2 ZT..............

Of course with it being Anthracite, it lends itself well to being polished, unlike Dreary Starlight Primertallic.............

Brian
Old 20th March 2016, 22:03   #4867
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:

Of course with it being Anthracite, it lends itself well to being polished, unlike Dreary Starlight Primertallic.............

Brian

I'll have you know that dreary starlight polishes up very well. You just don't notice it.😄😄
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 06:41   #4868
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
I'll have you know that dreary starlight polishes up very well. You just don't notice it.😄😄
That's why I don't bother

I have two starlight cars, and I can't remember polishing either, and I can't see the difference

Brian
Old 21st March 2016, 09:32   #4869
JerseySteve
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Question Pollen Filter Change, First Timer

Filter had not been changed fot a long time and the chamber had filled up with water so it had to be done. After studying the excellent how too, and a quick weather assessment, I took a deep breath and went to it. It was almost as much of a pain as I had feared. In trying to remove the ecu I pulled at the top and the top came off! Appears a previous operator had broken one of the retaining clips. After faffing around it came out but space is still tight to a newbie. Old filter removed and was as bad as expected. Trying to get new filter in was a bit of a stress and managed to somehow break off the right hand tab of the filter holder. Slotting the ecu back in after getting its top cover on was also not as easy as expected either. After gluing tab back on the filter housing, all went back together again without any more hassle so end result was a success not withstanding bits of skin missing.

Couple of quick questions:
1. Is there a retaining clip of some sort on the ecu that I over looked that made it difficult to pull out?
2. Bearing in mind the tightness of the space, can the pollen filter holder itself be fairly easily replaced?

Thanks
JerseySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 12:50   #4870
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
That's why I don't bother

I have two starlight cars, and I can't remember polishing either, and I can't see the difference

Brian
That's one of the reasons Starlight is the best colour.

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote