Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th February 2017, 20:40   #6431
Carreraboy

Rover 75 V6 2.5 Connoseur

Made Russell Walsh a very strong tea and he then put my 75 spot on with his no nonsense magic.

All little gremlins now done. Had a slight misfire on pot 2. Car is running great and a complete joy to drive.

I never thought I would own a 75. Complete chance I called a Mate who was a trader. I was looking for a run around to tie me over.

Pleased as punch😆🍸

Connoseur K 2.5 V6 Tourer 38000miles one previous owner. Caravan Club and Eastbourne Bowls Club stickers. Now firing all Six.
Carreraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017, 22:29   #6432
Yorksroverfan
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Today I did this

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yorksroverfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 17:57   #6433
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

The 75 is now back to being a daily driver along with the coupe, the MINI is in for warranty work this week!

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 18:21   #6434
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Well Moonie suffered one of the usual problems. Which surprised me as I thought the normal fix was in place: apparently not .

I'll give you a clue...

I could have done with one of these

The second one I've done and the second time I've had trouble removing a particular part. - lucky I had a spare to replace it as I ended up using a hand saw with a narrow blade - but came close to cutting through the aircon pipework.

Some will be able to work out why the back of my hand is covered in scratches from this job - others will have to ask a moderator... I just wish there was an easier way.
Save

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 18:24   #6435
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Well Moonie suffered one of the usual problems. Which surprised me as I thought the normal fix was in place: apparently not .

I'll give you a clue...

I could have done with one of these

The second one I've done and the second time I've had trouble removing a particular part. - lucky I had a spare to replace it as I ended up using a hand saw with a narrow blade - but came close to cutting through the aircon pipework.

Some will be able to work out why the back of my hand is covered in scratches from this job - others will have to ask a moderator... I just wish there was an easier way.
Save
Bonnet release
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 18:57   #6436
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Took some photos, then did some photoshop.\

Sebastienclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 19:38   #6437
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Decided I would tackle the ABS issue on the ZT, so I collated the required tools, jacked up the NSR and set it on an axle stand.

As I embarked on the job, up pulls a Solar Red ZT driven by none other than my 2Diesels requiring a T4 session, and repair of an MGZR Pektron SCU.

So the SCU was sorted out over a cup of coffee, and then onto the red ZT, T4 reported a fault relating to the ECM, so I pulled the bonnet release and sklack, and no bonnet open

A quick removal of the screenwash filler neck and five minutes later the bonnet is open, and the ECM removed for surgery.

ECM repaired, and back onto my ZT, Colin had wound off the handbrake adjuster while I was fixing his ECM, so off with the caliper and mount, and would the grease cap come out of the bearing........well after 15 minutes of fruitless attempts, I said stuff it and chiseled the blighter off, knowing I had another in stock.

Off with the disc, unstaked the bearing nut, and undid the nut, so was it plain sailing after that......well no as the inner race was stuck to the stub axle

Bearing in mind my usual technique of removing these under such circumstances is to score the race with an angle grinder and chisel it to break the seal......oh no my second angle grinder not fitted with a cup brush is three miles away at MB senior's place.

Never mind, I heated up the race with a blowtorch, and using two hammers, shocked it into submission.......half an hour later and several pounds lighter for the swearbox it's off

So I then cleaned up the backplate, stub axle, overhauled the handbrake adjuster and put it all back together with the replacement bearing.

Disc handbrake drum cleaned on the inside with cup brush on the grinder, one of the wire strands becoming detached and embedding itself into my finger, primary adjustments made, then disc refitted to the new bearing, and the final adjustments made

Caliper carrier derusted and bolted back on, pads cleaned and coppaslipped and the slide pins cleaned and lubricated.

Wheel back on bolts torqued up, and just enough time to start tidying away before Kev Bonney arrived enroute from Salisbury stopping off for tea

Well after putting the world to rights and a bit of catchup over steak and new potatoes, I sent Kev on his way further north, just enough time for a test drive to see if my ABS plausibility error had disappeared.........success.. quiet, no low speed ABS actuation, and no more ABS warning light

Sometimes it's nice just to have a play with one of your own cars for a change

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 19:40   #6438
Andrewg10rover
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

(The day before yesterday and the day before, actually.). Drove to our place in the south of France. 767 smoooooth miles. Stopped en route, as we always do and enjoyed an empty hotel. I love France out of season, despite the rain. I'm leaving the 75 here for a few weeks and flying back to the UK, and will drive back in either the 825 or hopefully our new LHD Ford B Max, due to arrive from a dealer in Munich any day now.
Andrewg10rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 22:09   #6439
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Bonnet release
spot on - All done now and replacement filler fitted (from stock)- but not too tightly!

Save

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017, 09:39   #6440
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Well MFL got a little attention, the Vis Motors have been replaced, and the heater fan regulator unit has been replaced, so a fully operational fan

Boot emptied of all spare parts and stored in garage (spares not car, not enough room for a car)

and new rear springs put in the boot ready to fit, once weather improves

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote