Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th April 2017, 04:42   #11
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Watch the price of petrol rocket
Agreed and I can see it happening already.

It might work out for the best, diesel fuel ends up back to the 80s way, lower priced than diesel, diesel drivers are left alone, and what we save on mpg and fuel costs will average any worst case levy long term IMO.

I cant wait until we leave europe and prices for fuel jump massively, and then we see people jumping back to diesels again mark my words.

Brexit is worth a solid 15ppl. Mark my words, this time 2 years. £1.35 ppl.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 05:43   #12
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Well, i have sold my 75 diesel but it has been replaced with another diesel just a different marque.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 06:59   #13
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I didn't get mine because it was a diesel, it was because of the colour so it's staying regardless

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 07:08   #14
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Although in a lot of ways I would like a petrol, preferable a 2.5 V6, I have invested too much time & money in my oil burner. There is no way I would exchange it only to have to redo all the work I have done on this one, its too good a car.
Besides, if everything goes to plan, by the end of the year I shall have my Spitfire on the road so I shall have the best of both worlds!

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 07:51   #15
grivas

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by championdaddy View Post
Or does it seem people are panic selling their Diesels ??

Just seem to be a huge amount of Diesel 75s ZTs and ZTTs all of a sudden.

I personally have never liked diesels in any car.....but I know they do have a huge fan base.

But maybe getting smaller now.
Known in the world of Psychology as 'herd mentality' panic panic panic, I will not be exchanging my diesel unless absolutely necessary, a well maintained diesel engine is infinitely better to drive, more torque less gear changes etc etc not to mention better mileage. Instead of Government demanding from manufacturers of diesel vehicles that they prove they can produce vehicle with the required emissions specifications, it is easier to penalize the public having previously promoted the use of diesel vehicles to the public without first doing your homework and getting your facts right, relying instead on the info provided by a spotty youth fresh out of Oxbridge keen to 'get on' in the civil service. There should be a multi million pound public inquiry in which the public servants/departments past and present responsible for promoting diesel-powered cars be called to give evidence and explain their actions. The cost of decommissioning vehicles should be passed on to the DoT through appropriate scrapage schemes, manufacturers found to have falsified information should be procecuted.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 08:09   #16
Kiltman

MG ZT CDTi 135 / Rover 75 Club SE 160

I won't be going back to petrol unless something major happens to change my mind, couldn't afford to run a petrol 75 with the mileage I do!
Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 08:30   #17
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

I have only recently become a 75 owner, I bought my diesel despite all the talk about them. Nothing will happen overnight, and in the meantime I can enjoy my car without it costing a fortune to run. Why panic sell your diesel? they are as cheap as chips now, they can't go much lower! It's a hell of a lot of car for basically peanuts.

And if they bring out scrappage it will only make my diesel a rarer car, and probably increase it's value lol.

I have a few two stroke bikes that make any diesel look like a "clean" car and guess what? Two strokes are much sort after and the price of them is on the up and up because they are the bad boys and we are all rebels at heart
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 15:55   #18
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I didn't actually choose my ZT-T CDTi as it was given to me. It's the first diesel car I've ever had and to be honest, I don't know why I didn't have one sooner. I can't say I'm panicking too much about this, certainly have no intention of moving it on that's for sure. As another member said, nothing will happen overnight so I guess it's better to sit tight and appreciate our oil burners until we know more about the govs plans.
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 29+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
ZedTeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 17:08   #19
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

If people are selling diesels because of the proposed new charges then they're idiots. The charges apply to pre Euro4 petrols too.
Sebastienclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 18:12   #20
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

It was just an observation on my part.........maybe I'm wrong.....maybe I'm noticing them more because diesel is in the news.

Just SEEMS more for sale.
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote