Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th June 2018, 14:47   #21
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Thumbs up A few more images completing the job.

Job now done and here's a few more images showing the process I used.

Using the small Trolley Jack to support and control raising the heavy hub to align and fully locate the Strut in its clamp recommended. Four more images.

1]... and 2]... With the new Strut suspended by its three 14mm locking Nuts from the wheel arch turret inside the Engine Compartment, the trolley jack comes into play. Thereby giving more control and freeing up both hands to locate, raise and guide the hub clamp fully to the Strut. Worked a treat.

Before using the Trolley Jack this way, I found it near impossible to realign the hub up to locate the new Strut manually using hands alone.

3]... Closer view of the fully located and fitted new Strut location. Just needs wheel to be fitted, remove Axle Stands and lower off the jack and good to go.

4]... Completed job's a good 'n. As a short shopping trip soon after pleasingly demonstrated.

I hope these posts and illustrations help others considering doing doing this job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-06-16 010.jpg (129.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-06-16 011.jpg (134.7 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-06-16 013.jpg (130.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-06-16 014.jpg (128.1 KB, 69 views)
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2018, 22:52   #22
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coups View Post
Tried changing struts yesterday and could I get the bottom ball joint separated? Nope
.... Pinch bolt cane out, everything else went swimmingly but being a 75 I couldn’t get the long strut out with the room available. Bashed away with a length of wood and lump hammer, had a go with a heavy duty ball joint splitter and bent the pin in that. Thing is it did semi to move a few mm but wouldn’t release. Am I missing something? Gave up after a few hours as it all had to go back together to get me to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try tapping a small chisel into the gap where the pinch bolt go's through, it should spread it open a little and ball joint will pop out

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote