Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th December 2020, 16:53   #11
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I have been through this BT thing, I replaced my Sky package with BT as it was cheaper and initially it was great but when ever it rained I would loose channels and it would often go pixelated. After several complaints a new line was fitted through the house and no improvement, the engineer then fitted a new line outside as he could see how bad it was.

A week or so later and the problems returned, a new router and box was provided and still no better.

The final straw was we only had a couple of channels and were told we no chance of getting an engineer to come and have a look for 3 weeks. I gave BT there 30 days notice and was told as I had it for less than 18 months there would be a penalty charge, I then said about the appalling service I had and they eventually agreed too no charge.

I now have SKY Q and will say I am very pleased with it, the engineer installed everything in less than 1.5 hours, it has all worked faultlessly since installation and I think the picture quality is better than BT ever was. Yes it is more expensive but what is the point in paying for something that only works some times.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2020, 18:14   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
I have been giving them grief for 2/3 years. They suggested i upgrade to fibre at a cost which i did. After about 3mths back to problems, engineers came and replaced the cabling inside the house, as the outside speed was O.K. That again lasted for a few months, now back with problem. To add to the saga, wife was told last night to call back today as they could not cancel last night. After another 1 1/2 hours and transfer to 4 departments finally got it done. When this is all over i will go back to B.T. Sports through Sky. Which i think i can do by just upgrading on my T.V. and no phone calls. B.T. have said they have busy times on the phone, could this be because you have to talk to them for 2 periods of 1 1/2 hrs just to say cancel.
The recorded message about BT being busy feels as if it is on 24/7.
Did you contact the CEO or just deal with call centre staff? I don't have much patience for poor service so when it comes to BT, go for the CEO.
I did 35 years with BT and when it came to a phone line knew all to well how the jigsaw puzzle went together. Call centre staff generally do not have engineering experience and either don't seem to care or are not empowered to do very much. I have a JFDI approach, I knew how to read the engineering notes, what status the job was in and I knew how to contact the engineers to find out what was going on, and I knew how to appoint engineers visits. The customer is paramount and customer service staff should do more then "computer says no." If they cannot deal, escalate to their manager, if they cannot contact their manager, escalate and so on. If the system fails, escalate and keep chasing for a resolution, if their manager does nothing, escalate and so on.

I recall ringing around getting no where and ended up speaking to a senior manager who to me to ring xyz. I simply refused told him to ring them and feel the pain, I'd made enough phone calls and told him I was entering notes onto the job that I was leaving the problem with him

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2020, 19:02   #13
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The recorded message about BT being busy feels as if it is on 24/7.
Did you contact the CEO or just deal with call centre staff? I don't have much patience for poor service so when it comes to BT, go for the CEO.
I did 35 years with BT and when it came to a phone line knew all to well how the jigsaw puzzle went together. Call centre staff generally do not have engineering experience and either don't seem to care or are not empowered to do very much. I have a JFDI approach, I knew how to read the engineering notes, what status the job was in and I knew how to contact the engineers to find out what was going on, and I knew how to appoint engineers visits. The customer is paramount and customer service staff should do more then "computer says no." If they cannot deal, escalate to their manager, if they cannot contact their manager, escalate and so on. If the system fails, escalate and keep chasing for a resolution, if their manager does nothing, escalate and so on.

I recall ringing around getting no where and ended up speaking to a senior manager who to me to ring xyz. I simply refused told him to ring them and feel the pain, I'd made enough phone calls and told him I was entering notes onto the job that I was leaving the problem with him

macafee2
I did at one time go the CEO route after being given his number off this forum. May have been you. Did have success, with problem dealt with more quickly. But listening to the engineers when they talk of the problems, i think it is the equipment being used in the boxes along the road and the cables from there to the house are past their sell by date.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2020, 19:40   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Anyone that wants a CEO email address can try https://www.ceoemail.com/
it is not 100% but is a good starting place.

macafee2
Old 12th December 2020, 09:52   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

It is every employees responsibility to make their company better.

I watched a program about Concord and a mouthy pilot. BA got a new CEO or chairman and had this pilot hauled in front of him. He gave the pilot 2 or 3 years to turn Concord from a loss into profit and he did.

Perhaps BT needs to take on board some of what their mouthy employees are saying. Where there is a will there is a way, there is no will

macafee2
Old 15th December 2020, 21:24   #16
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Finally an ending. Noticed Saturday 2 days after last cancellation call, that the package was still on my T.V. Made a 3rd call, to be fair the gentleman was better, told me it has not been cancelled! He cancelled it within 30 mins himself without me being transferred to any other dept, and reconnected my B.T. sports back to the sky dish. Why o Why could they not do this on my 1st call.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2020, 17:50   #17
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
Finally an ending. Why o Why could they not do this on my 1st call.
Sadly it seems to be dependant on who you get when you ring , with so many of them working from home I guess there is less supervision.

I recently had to contact my Electricity supplier and the first call solved nothing, the girl seemed to be clueless and said she would email me. After several days as I had heard nothing I rung again and the chap could not have been more helpful, he sorted out the problem, he then emailed me to confirm it was all sorted.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2020, 21:11   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Rang BT Monday about service at an address for the 15th January. Got a text today to say they wont be able to keep the appointment (that we did not know the date of as they did not confirm the date) on the and bear in mid the date I just mentioned......... they cannot keep the appointment on the 30th December.

Is there any hope for them?

macafee2
Old 17th December 2020, 16:27   #19
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Got an email from BT saying that I was "now out of contract" (been on the same contract for last 9 years) and my charges would be increasing, but if I took out a 2 year contract for a better service I could get it at a lower cost.

This has prompted me to look elsewhere and I now realize just how expensive BT are !

So, job in new year will be to move away from BT !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote