Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd June 2021, 21:00   #11
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

She looks lovely, I have got several panels on the spice tourer that are needing done. Front and rear valances and the offside doors and front wing. I will probably replace the sills from the chrome finisher down some time in the next three years. So they will be needing done after that also.
I have had three quotes from good local body shops sadly all have been over £1,500 for the two doors front wing and the two valances. Sadly at this moment in time the pension will not stretch.
Mibby in a year or two.
I did say it would take me five to seven years to bring the spice tourer back to her former glory. This October will see me in it for two years all I have managed so far is getting all the windows and door locks working. A hand made stainless exhaust system. New starter motor and new serpentine belts, new rear subframe and suspension also her trailing arms fully overhauled. Front suspension fully replaced. New fuel tank strap and new brakes from the master cylinder to the nipple including back plates and cables. Oh yes she got a new battery, and she has a set of new tyres both on her summer and winter rims. There is also a set of 16 inch wheels that she came out the factory with, these have near new tyres on them but it is five years old and I would like to get some wear out of tyres with 8mm of tread on them. Then refurb these wheels and probably fit cross climate tyres. Having two cars with five full sets of wheels for them will not be conducive with the wife’s plans to downsize.
Some day the spice tourers paint job will look that good but sadly probably another two years.
Lovley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2021, 21:47   #12
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

My son has been quoted £1500 to spray the rest of the car - bonnet, front/rear bumpers, front wings, 4 doors, sills and rear quarters.

Bonnet will be next as that is currently the worst panel.

But that will have to come after the steering pump has been sorted as that has been slowly on it's way out since I bought the car 4 years ago...

Then the knocking exhaust needs looking at...

It is looking nice again though - my lad can't stop driving it around. His mini barely gets a look in now unless he has some distance to cover.
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2021, 07:50   #13
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts
Default ZT gone in for some new paint

The trims around the front and rear windows don’t cause leaks, the windows are bonded in.

The trims are just there to finish off the aperture which otherwise would look awful!