Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th June 2021, 14:53   #61
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

“It is becoming increasingly apparent that owning a R75 carries the risk of being more than slightly mad. "Covid is no worse than catching the 'flu." "Take hydroxychloroquine." "Not a chance of being vaccinated." Etc etc.
Might I suggest that these people put a sticker on their bumpers "Keep your distance" or "Beware" or "I'm immortal". In the meantime a swift read of this article from a doctor who's worked for 32 years in acute wards might penetrate - but I doubt it. “

It shows how low the discussion has become when the slicing and dicing of posts is once again prejudicially used to make a point that was not made, or even relevant.

Who said all deaths were due to C-19? On the other hand it was said that C-19 deaths were put down as ‘contributing factors’ when the cause of death was something else, and those factors would undoubtedly cause death by themselves.

To suggest that some of us are mad, or risking it, is offensive. If we can’t maintain decorum it’s a poor show. Further, to have a Moderator thanking such a suggestion, one who has earlier deleted such rubbish, is, well, maybe better to not go any further.
Old 28th June 2021, 15:29   #62
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Andrew Neil - of GB news fame just tweeted:

Boris Johnson now implying he sacked Matt Hancock. Which, even by the PM’s loose acquaintance with the truth, is something of a whopper.
Stevie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 16:26   #63
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Ringo Starr has been in a legal wrangle with a sex toy manufacturer who had marketed a sex toy called the Ring O.
The matter has now been resolved with the agreement of the ex beatle.

Perhaps the hapless manufacturer will now market a new vibrator called the
"Hancock"

Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 19:23   #64
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Don’t forget his boss, lied to the Queen!
I agree.
It doesn't matter if you are pro or anti Royalist, but the Royal family acted impeccably with the rules that were in place, to set an example, during the funeral of Prince Philip.
It would appear that current political rulers think that they above everyone, no matter what who they are.
This amounts to breath-taking arrogance, in my opinion.

I think that Piers Morgan delivers the message well:-

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 19:26   #65
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
You Willy... saw what I did there!

Warm fronts....
It wasn't lost on me either.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 19:53   #66
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
And I see the referee is batting for the one team!!
True.---And so very, very wrong.---
Old 28th June 2021, 19:59   #67
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote--MGJohn. Apparently, communications in London are distributed in twenty eight different languages.

The requirement to learn to speak the language of the country you wish to live in should be mandatory.--( a couple of years to learn enough to get by or on your bike sonny. )
Old 28th June 2021, 20:09   #68
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
it seems to be that if you don't get the jab you're some sort of outcast in the eyes of the government. I've yet to see anything that mentions natural anti-bodies as protection, it's all about the vaccines and nothing else fits the narrative. I want to travel and hope to do so soon, the downside is I've not had the jab and won't consider it unless my natural protection suddenly vanishes. If being vaccinated is going to be the rule to join in with anything such as jobs, travel etc, that's going to be a real problem and will present legal challenges. I was called by the vaccine people the other day once again, the message is quite forceful that they're scripted to give you but, I told him that as long as I've got the anti-bodies I don't want it.
Well said. The vaccine is only an aid to make you generate anti-bodies which you already have. The vaccine does not, itself, fight the virus. Only YOUR anti-bodies do that.

Half the members of the government have no idea and the rest don't know which way is up.---
Old 28th June 2021, 20:18   #69
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Quote--MGJohn. Apparently, communications in London are distributed in twenty eight different languages.

The requirement to learn to speak the language of the country you wish to live in should be mandatory.--( a couple of years to learn enough to get by or on your bike sonny. )
whilst I agree with you on this,especially over the past four or five years, our civil service departments have gone through at least three letter head changes to accommodate the two common gaelic languages, good luck with telling some of the folk in Ireland (North and South), that english is the national language lol . There are still some gaelic speaking areas in Ireland, as their primary language.

The northern irish situation is not just about sausages you know - look for the Irish language act .

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 21:52   #70
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Oh what a tangled web we weave.....

Have just caught this on the 10 o’clock ITV News and this is a sketchy version of the bulletin:

A new malady has appeared in Pune, a region of India, called (forgive the spelling, I’ve not seen it written) Mucomycosis. It affects the brain, the face, and the lungs and is very aggressive. It leaves sufferers very vulnerable and it has been found to seriously affect patients with C-19 and is resistant to treatments for the C-19 virus.
Does anybody know anything more?

We are in for a long haul it seems. I wonder for how long this been known or suspected. It certainly, if true, goes some way to explaining the fearful looks on ministers’ faces.

Edit: 29/6 for attribution (thanks):

“You have to have surgery for mucormycosis, you can’t just have medicine. People end up losing their nose or sometimes their eye to get rid of the fungus. It can go up into the brain and that usually is fatal.”

Last edited by wraymond; 29th June 2021 at 10:16..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote