Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th August 2021, 20:40   #1
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Default UNreport?

UN report on the end of the world I notice is quoted as the work of 200 Scientists. What if it was 199 or 12 or 30 or 3000 or or, and they are from all over the world, bet that gave the "spelcheck" a bashing. Sorry to be a bit whatever but I do not believe this rubbish, more frightening the children nonsense. Chris.S
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2021, 21:15   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Are you talking about Global Warming? I would be surprised if with all the pollution we have thrown into the atmosphere these last 100 years, that there has not been a change in climate conditions

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2021, 21:16   #3
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
UN report on the end of the world I notice is quoted as the work of 200 Scientists. What if it was 199 or 12 or 30 or 3000 or or, and they are from all over the world, bet that gave the "spelcheck" a bashing. Sorry to be a bit whatever but I do not believe this rubbish, more frightening the children nonsense. Chris.S
I too am extremely dubious about the latest push on Climate Change. If they would rebrand it as pollution reduction I'd listen more. The sun is the primary driver of our climate. I read somewhere that the solar energy hitting the earth in one hour was more than an entire year of human industrial activity. We've had periods where CO2 was 5X higher according to core samples. Four ice ages, and four corresponding warmer ages. There are many scientists who are a disgrace to science in positions of political influence. A great injustice and indeed a danger to everyone when science is warped to justify a political narrative.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2021, 21:41   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Frightening children? What kids of today need is a 1970's Protect & Survive video.

I stayed awake many a night as a kid pondering the end of the world after seeing those videos.
Old 9th August 2021, 22:46   #5
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
I too am extremely dubious about the latest push on Climate Change. If they would rebrand it as pollution reduction I'd listen more. The sun is the primary driver of our climate. I read somewhere that the solar energy hitting the earth in one hour was more than an entire year of human industrial activity. We've had periods where CO2 was 5X higher according to core samples. Four ice ages, and four corresponding warmer ages. There are many scientists who are a disgrace to science in positions of political influence. A great injustice and indeed a danger to everyone when science is warped to justify a political narrative.
This begs the question----What caused those fluctuations ??---

Where did this excess CO2 come from and where did it go ??
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2021, 07:05   #6
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Meanwhile 26,000 delegates including folks from red list countries will be flying in to the sickening COP26 love fest into the republic of Scotland.

Have you ever noticed that just like phishing emails etc where they want you to immediately click on some bait, respond, pressure you. I can’t help the comparing the so called emergency to this. Lots of gazzillionaires stand to make even more from this.

Over the next few months media will no doubt be driving this fear factor home. It already started with the BBC majority of headlines in last few days leading to this latest UN report, which BTW back in 1989 said we have have 10 years to save the planet then. Too many greedy interested parties in all of this.

Our foolish politicians have fallen for this folly hook line and sinker, and are busy trying to find ways to decimate particular industries. Industries that provide about 75% of our way of life today. From medicines to cars to food, and employment.
Never mind the pollution created by changing to so called green energy, where the planet is doubly raped of resource.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2021, 08:04   #7
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

They think it's all over! It is now for the fossil fuel powered global economy Watch the court cases fly against 'Big Oil' now ClientEarth & Greenpeace have this evidence.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2021, 08:42   #8
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
There are many scientists who are a disgrace to science in positions of political influence. A great injustice and indeed a danger to everyone when science is warped to justify a political narrative.
A lot of it is about securing funding - certainly in this country. As it is a "hot" topic at the moment and the propaganda has prepared people to accept higher fines/funding/taxation.

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 11th August 2021 at 11:20.. Reason: missing words
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2021, 16:43   #9
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
This begs the question----What caused those fluctuations ??---

Where did this excess CO2 come from and where did it go ??
That is a great question, since those climate cycles occurred millenia before any modern industrial activity.
Old 10th August 2021, 16:50   #10
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
A lot of it is about securing funding - certainly in this country. As it a "hot" topic at the moment and the propaganda has prepared people to accept higher finding.

Kev
Alarming that there are so many academics happy to be bought by vested interests. Not true science. More like Goebbels. 'Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth' or something similar.
They have been content to publish 'deaths within 28 days of a positive Covid test'. I'd like to see published 'deaths within 28 days of a Covid jab', but that probably wouldn't fit the narrative very well!