Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th September 2021, 12:52   #12971
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Filled the Bear up with super unleaded, then she had a nice wash and polish. All ready for MG’s in the park tomorrow.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2021, 15:38   #12972
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Thumbs up

I'm going, but I'm taking my Pageant Blue B GT, I'll keep a look out for you and come and say hello, always good to put a face to a name. My registration number on the B is WWO 399 T.

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2021, 04:36   #12973
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Rear sill sections welded.

Recently our 75 had the rear sill sections repaired. My brother offered to make the rear sill sections (just like the ones available on eBay) and cut out the bad sections, cleaned up the inner sill and jacking support and so on. Now all heavily zinc coated inside and cavity waxed, seam sealed and painted.
Total cost: £40. Win!
Old 5th September 2021, 08:23   #12974
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post
Rear sill sections welded.

Recently our 75 had the rear sill sections repaired. My brother offered to make the rear sill sections (just like the ones available on eBay) and cut out the bad sections, cleaned up the inner sill and jacking support and so on. Now all heavily zinc coated inside and cavity waxed, seam sealed and painted.
Total cost: £40. Win!
Hi Robert.
What a great brother, and what a fantastic price, i wonder would he be willing to make some for other members, i know a few members from your neck of the woods would be happy as Larry who ever he is or was if he did.

But not at brothers prices i don't expect

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2021, 08:32   #12975
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Hi arctic,

He's good at what he does, he makes the panels by hand from a flat sheet of cold rolled mild steel (if memory serves). He makes repairs panels from the correct gauge steel to match the original.

£40 was just for things seam sealer, high solids zinc spray, high build primer, paint etc. He did all the work and panel making, welding etc for free as a favour. (Between mig wire, argon mix gas and the steel he used he reckons it cost around £20 all in.

We as a family restore classic cars ourselves, I do the mechanicals, my wife does the paintwork and my brother does a bit of everything but mainly metal work.

He so far has made inner sills for his Capri, head light bowls and other panels.
He's currently been tasked with making a pair of headlight bowls for a MK1 Capri as the bloke was told by express steel it would have a 6 month lead time and were very expensive.

I'm sure my brother wouldn't mind making some repair panel sections at a reasonable cost. He also uses mig/Tig and spot welders too so is able to do quite a few things.

If anyone has any thoughts on what panels would be useful to the club, feel free to start a thread in the general section and post what the panel is with a picture if possible.
(Between making panels for his laser Capri, his 2.8 special and our MK1 fiesta and other people requesting stuff making up I can't give an accurate timescale at present) of what could be made by when put I can certainly have a word

Rob

Last edited by biffa75; 5th September 2021 at 08:35..
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2021, 19:38   #12976
simondhopkins
Loves to post

Vauxhall Vectra C

Default New rubber

Treated Molly to some brand new tyres before going down Northampton and then on to Oxford on Monday.

While she was on the ramp I had a good look under her (nice of the garage to let me), rear arms looking good still but will be treating her to some new brake lines front to back as previous owner has just cut a bit out rather than replacing the entire line, she deserves better.
simondhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2021, 09:06   #12977
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Removed the jacking bracket from the rear offside sill, not the easiest of jobs lying down with grinder in hand.
Now to rebuild the inner sill before fitting Tom’s jacking bracket and outer sill section
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2021, 09:13   #12978
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Everything cleared out, cleaned out, sanitised and polished, ready for a "viewing" on Wednesday. The tears are starting to well up in my eyes!
Old 8th September 2021, 16:13   #12979
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Drove her to the station to collect Mr and Mrs Boater who have now become the proud owners. My only Rover is now a Black 75 which I can hold in one hand! (in the box!) I am sure that Howard will keep her in the way that she has become accustomed to. Mike
Old 9th September 2021, 04:56   #12980
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Found out that my new ZT-T will be arriving next week so I put the renovations aside and started removing the parts I want to keep from my wrecked 190.
I got the engine and gearbox ready to pull. Just have to remove the driveshafts and undo the engine mounts tomorrow and out it comes.
The job was made easier as pretty much everything in front of the engine was missing.
This evening I picked up a pair of Subaru wheels so that I can have enough straights for a second set and still be able to get the wreck out of the garage.